Chapter 41: The Sea

{3,128 words}

After the sucessful operation of retaking the lost territory of humanity, the wall Maria and upon learning the truths about the the world.

The survey corps were summoned at the military tribunal to report their new discoveries.

General Zackly and Queen Historia were present in the assembly, and every high-ranking soldiers of each regiment.

Hange Zoë, the new commander of the survey corps was the one who explained everything to everyone

Erwin Smith retired from being the commander of the survey corps but he remained in the regiment to guide Hange and the others. He believes that a wounded soldier like him should not lead anymore and entrust it to a more capable person and he sees that it should be Hange.

He will just be there to guide and help her.

Eren Jaeger saw the memory of his father which caused him to be out of his usual self. The green-eyed boy became weird.

He's starting to talk by himself and even interrupted the assembly. Hange just made an excuse that Eren is going through a pace.

Queen Historia and the military decided to tell the people the truth they have learned.

Humanity's reaction were mixed. Some just simply accepted it, some laughed at it and some who objects the military rule are coming up with conspiracies to spread.

The death of the duchess was also revealed to humanity.

Everyone mourned for the kind-hearted duchess's passing.

All the people she helped gave their tributes to the duchess by offering her flowers, prayers, gifts and even the little money they earned.

A lot of paintors, sculptors and other artists made their own artwork featuring the duchess.

The military also gathered to pay tribute to the duchess. General Zackly, commander Pyxis, commander Nile and former commander Erwin smith gave their speech about Y/N's bravery, honor, achievements and everything good about the duchess.

Queen Historia did the same. Her speech was emotional that it made some of the soldier cry, especially the people who are close to Y/N.

Y/N's title as the duchess remained and the position is still hers. The masses didn't want anyone to replace Y/N so they protested for the Y/N to keep her position even if she's already dead.

Of course, Y/N's death was not the only death that was given a tribute. Everyone who died on the operation to reclaim wall Maria were honored by everyone in the military.

Zelda and Brandon, the two survivors from Y/N's protection squad, transferred to survey corps and got promoted as squad leaders by Erwin before he retired.

The survey corps was then given a medals by queen Historia to honor their success in retaking wall Maria and discovering the truths.

But there was one strange act that Eren did again. When he kissed Historia's hand, he froze and his eyes widened as if he saw something. Eveeyone looked at him with their confused looks. It was really strange.

It was as if he saw the future.

-After One Month-

Levi sat down on the grass and wiped the tomb of Y/N using his hands. He doesn't care if the grass he's sitting on is dirty and if his wife's tomb is filthy.