Chapter 25: Proposal

{Long Chapter Ahead - 5,192 words}

-After One Week-

"The inhabitants of wall Rose did as they were taught in drills preparing them for a second wall breach. They evacuated to the old underground."

I said while preparing to bandage Erwin's lost left arm.

We are now here in his hospital private room. Levi, commander Pyxis, and Ms. Anka are here with us.

"They evacuated to the old underground city inside wall Sina.
As was predicted, the food supplies that were meant to feed those still remaining, over half of humanity wouldn't last more than a week. In other words, if wall Rose was actually breached, humanity would enjoy only one more week of peace. If they were forced past that, the people would have to choose. Starve and die or steal and live? Surrender everything or throw it all away?" I said and staryed bandaging Erwin's left arm.

Commander Pyxis nod.

"Confirmation that wall Rose was still intact came, one week after the crisis began or it'd be more accurate to say that we had no choice but to insist that wall Rose was safe after that.
The evacuees are now returning to their homes. Thankfully, that was the only case where we had to use military force during this chaotic situation."

I listened to commander Pyxis while
I am bandaging Erwin's bitten left arm.

I feel bad for him. He lost his left arm, it would be hard to move around with only his right arm.

"When we evicted the squatters who had been living in the old underground city, some of them clashed with the military police. There were no deaths but it left a big impression on the people living inside all of the walls. For a moment, they saw what would happen if the pot boiled over. Everyone got a first-hand reminder. If wall Rose really falls, they'll have one week of respite before men begin to kill each other again."

I sighed and tapped Erwin's shoulder after I bandaged his left arm.

"Done." I said.

He looked at me and smiled. Erwin patted my head like I'm his daughter.

"Thank you, Y/N." Erwin said and
I nod at him.

"Heh." Commander Pyxis chuckled so we all looked at him. "I'm jealous. You have such a beautiful lady nursing you, Erwin." Pyxis said.

I sighed and shook my head.

"Ms. Anka is beautiful too." I said
and looked at Ms. Anka who's standing and leaning on the wall, just behind commander Pyxis. "She takes care of you a lot." I added which made commander Pyxis laugh.

"I know that, but Anka always nags me." He said and laughed again.

Ms. Anka frowned and shook her head.

I hissed at his reply. "Tsk. That's because you're stubborn for your age." I said and rolled my eyes.

Ms. Anka looked at me and smiled. She gave me a thumbs up and mouthed. "Yes, you're right about that." I smirked and nod my head.

Commander Pyxis justlaughed at me.

I don't find him scary at all, even if he's a commander. I'm actaully fond of him. I still remember he is the reason why we weren't killed by the Garrison soldiers during the battle of Trostm

I'm thankful to him because of that.

I pulled out a chair and sat beside Levi. His left arm snaked around my waist. Erwin, Pyxis and Ms. Anka saw it but they didn't say anything, though they annoyingly smirked.