Chapter 17: First and Last Love

{Long Chapter Ahead - 4,561 words}

I slowly opened my eyes when I felt someone's gently carressing my cheeks. My lips formed a small smile when I saw that it's Levi. He's staring at me early in the morning with his sleek grey-blue eyes. Usually his eyes would look cold or bored but now while he's staring at me, I can see softness in his eyes.

"Good morning."

"Good morning, brat. You had a good sleep, huh? You were snoring last night."

My eyes widened with what Levi said. I jolted up from the bed and smackes his arms. He only hissed and rolled his eyes.

"I almost couldn't sleep." He said and smirked at me.

"Shut up!" I said and looked away.

Last night, after our confession to each other we spend more time alone together. Nothing happen. We just spend some quality time together.
I felt tired and sleepy so he asked me to just sleep on his bed so I can finally rest.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"It's still early. Come back here."

Levi pulled my hand so I laid down on the bed again. I smiled when he hugged me. He buried his face onto my neck. I giggle when I felt his ticklish breathe.

"You smell good. Do you use perfume?" Levi asked.

"No. But I use some scented flower soap that I make my own! You see, my mother knows how to make soaps so she taught me how to make them. Ever since I learned to make soap.
I never spend money on buying soap anymore because I can just make it.
I alos use it." I said.

Levi looked at me and nod his head.

"I'll make you one if I have free time." I said and smiled at him.

"Use other scent. I don't want to smell like flowers." He said which made me laugh.

"Why? I think it would-"

"No. Use other scent. Something that would fit to men."

I just laughed and nod my head.

"Yes, captain!"

He hugged me again.

I can't help but feel happy. Being in Levi's arms is making me happy. It's so comforting and peaceful. I wish we could stay like this forever.
But I know we can't. We're soldiers who's life doesn't have any assurance.
One of us could die during a mission.
But I pray that none of us will die.
I don't think I'll be able to live if Levi dies.

"Brat, what are you thinking about?"

I came back to my senses and looked at Levi.

"Nothing." I said and flashed a small smile.

"Don't lie to me. I know you have something on your mind."

I sighed.

"I'm just thinking about us. We're soldiers, Levi. Our life is on the line for humanity. What if one of us-"

"Don't say it. Whatever you are thinking, it won't happen. I won't allow it."

Levi looked at me with his serious expression. My eyes became glossy while staring at his face. I cupped his face and carressed his cheeks.

"I know it won't happen...at least to you. But if we're talking about me...Do you think I'll be able to survive?" I asked and he just sighed.

"Are you an idiot? You're the top 1 of your class, you have an elite skill. You think you'll die easy?" Levi bluntly asked.