Chapter 35: Keith Shadis

{3,751 words}

(Y/N's POV)

"I guess I did join only because the timing seemed right. I was acting excited, just like them." Marlowe ssid while an embarrassed expression is plastered on his face.

"Didn't Hitch try to stop you?" Sasha asked Marlowe.

Marlowe's brows furrowed. "Hitch? Why would she?" He asked in confusion.

Oh my walls. Another dense.

Sasha and Connie started smiling and laughing obviously teasing Marlowe,
I did the same. I wiggled my brows while looking at Marlowe.

"Why? Because you two...."

"BUHHUHUH."

"Hehehehe...You know..."

Marlowe looked at us with confusion.

"I don't understand what you mean, but Hitch did berate me. She said things like, "It's not for you," or "Stop trying to act cool, you weakling." She kept saying that since we were recognized for our service during the coup, we could live the easy life if we stayed in the military police. It's too bad. My opinion of Hitch was just starting to improve. I had to tell her that I'd misjudged her."

I dropped my spoon into the bowl which made the soup splash on my dress.

"Piece of shit." Jean and I both said in unison getting triggered by Marlowe's  high level of density.

"Huh?" Marlowe said.

"Are you stupid or something, Marlowe?" Armin asked trying not to sound offending.

"Look at this bowl-cut bastard." Sasha said.

"What? Marlowe hasn't done anything wrong." Eren said while looking at us with his annoying innocent eyes.

"Right?" Marlowe said.

I shut my eyes and took a deep breathe.

"I want to punch the both of you. Maybe it'll kicked out your densities."

Zelda and Brandon laughed.

Suddenly Connie stood up. "Okay. I should go."

"Huh?" I said.

"What? Tomorrow's an adjustment say. You should take it easy." Sasha said and I nod in agreement.

"Yeah. That's why I was thinking of going back to my village tomorrow morning. I might be abke to learn something new, too." Connie said.

I starer at him with a concern look. He's smiling but I know he's having a hard time about his mother turning into a disbaled titan.

"Goodnight!" Connie said.

"Yeah." We said and waved at him. We watched Connie left.

Everyone became silent. The happy vibes earlier is now gone.

"A way to turn Connie's mom back to normal. There's still a possibility one exists, right?" Sasha asked.

"Yeah. If we keep learning more about the titans one day." Armin said.

"A nightmare." We all looked at Eren when he said that. He's staring at the table with an emotionless face.

"Huh?" Armin and I both said in unison.

"Ymir said that when she was a titan outside of the walls, her life was like a nightmare. So much has happened to make things hazy but I wonder who these enemies of ours really are. Does that mean the titans are just humans being tormented by nightmare?" Eren's eyes widened. "There must have been a time when I was a titan like that, too. But I don't remember a thing about it. All I remember is what my fatger saw as I ate-"