Chapter 15: Strange

(3,224 words)

"Ow!" Eren whined when I put on some disinfectant on a cotton ball to his wounds on his face. I am kneeling in front of Eren and treating his wounds on his face.

"Sorry about that." Erwin said, he's just standing beside me. "But you did get your point across to the commander-in-chief and other VIP's anyway." Erwin added.

Eren looked at Erwin and nod. "Right."

"And that gave us the perfect chance to play the card we had up our sleeve. Believe me, it was worth pain." Erwin smiled and offered his hand to Eren. "You have my respect."

"Sir."

"I look forward to working with you."

Eren accepted Erwin's hand. "Thank you for having me." Eren said and Erwin smiled at him.

Suddenly, Levi sat down beside Eren, which made him jumped a bit.
I chuckled because Eren seems like he's going to shit himself.

"Tell me, Eren."

"Y-yes, sir?"

"Do you resent me?"

"N-no, sir. I know you needed to put on a show."

"Very well."

I sighed and stood up. Hange and Miche then came to us. "You could've shown some restraint. Look! He broke a tooth!" Hange said and showed us Eren's tooth covered in a white cloth.

Levi cringed at the sight of Eren's tooth. "I'd say that beats getting dissected any day."

Hange kneeled in front of Eren. "Eren, show me your mouth." Hange said.

Eren opened his mouth. Hange's eyes widened while staring inside his mouth. "Huh? It's growing back." She said which made me smirk.

"I see. So if you lose any body parts, it'll just grow back?! It's amazing and creepy at the same time." I said then laughed.

Eren groaned. "Why are you here anyway?!" He asked in an annoyed tone.

I frowned. "Excuse me? Are you not seeing the uniform I'm wearing? I am now a member of the survey corps plus the special operations squad."
I said and rolled my eyes.

"Tsk. Whatever. How are you feeling?" Eren asked.

"I'm feeling alright. I'm not sick anymore-"

"That's not what I meant. I saw your reaction earlier when Nile Dok mentioned the incident six years ago. Do you still..."

I sighed and looked away. "It always happen everytime I remember that day. It's just like how I react whenever I remeber the tragedy. Don't ask anymore. I'm fine." I said trying to finish the topic.

I don't want to think about it.

Everyone was just listening to us.

"Fine. Just try not to think about it again." Eren smiled at me.

I only nod my head. I looked at Levi when I felt him staring. I frowned and kicked his ankle.

He groaned and glared at me.

"What was that for?!"

"Y/N! You cannot do that to captain Levi!" Eren scolded me.

"Heh. It's revenge for my brother, heichou." I said which made Hange laughed while Miche and Erwin chuckled.

Levi hissed. "What a brat." He said then rolled his eyes.

I'm your brat.

Wait what?!