Chapter 4: Peaceful

(2,045 words)

"Hey..."

I slowly opened my eyes when I felt someone shaking me. At first my vision was blurry but just after a few seconds it became clear and I saw Annie.

"Oh?"

"Wake up. We still have training to do." She said and walked out.

I sighed and sat up on my bed.
I looked around and saw Annie, Ymir and Christa already dressed up in our  uniform. I am the only one who's still in my sleeping attire.

I quickly made my way to the shower. I took a 5 minutes bath and changed into my uniform.

"Don't rush. We still have one hour." Annie said when she noticed me panicking. I couldn't even do the straps of my uniform properly.

"Huh?! And here I thought I was already late!" I said and frowned.

Ymir laughed. "Just be thankful we decided to wake you up, dumbass."

I rolled my eyes. Christa made her way to me and smiled. "Hey, Y/N. Do you want me to do your hair? It's pretty long. It might cause you accident while we're training." She said with a sweet tone.

I stared at Christa. I don't know but something's off with her. I feel like the sweet and kind attitude she's showing is just like some facade.

"Sure. Uhm...Just don't cut it. Maybe do it like a tight ponytail?" I said.

Christa nod her head. She got her comb and hair tie. I sat properly so she can start tying my hair.

"Why you don't want to cut your hair, anyway?" Ymir asked. She's now beside Christa. They're pretty close, like they're some couple or what.

"Oh. My mother loves my long hair."
I said and smiled. "She said that I look pretty with it so when she said that she loves it I swore that I will never cut my hair."

Christa smiled. "You must really love your mother, huh?" She asked. I saw a sad look on her eyes.

She's hiding something, isn't she? Christa has some story to tell and I'm sure of it.

"Yeah. We're pretty close. I am always at home staying with her." I said and the couple nod.

Annie on the other hand is just leaning on the window looking outside.

"There it's done!" Christa said.

She gave me a mirror so I took it and looked at myself. I smiled because of satisfaction. It's only a ponytail but it was well done. "Thank you, Christa."
I said and pinched her cheeks.

"Hey! No touching my Christa!" Ymir said and slapped my hands.

I laughed and shook my head. "Okay okay!!! Sorry for touching your future wife!" I said which made Christa blushed while Ymir smirked.

After preparing we all made our way to the mess hall to eat breakfast. We didn't take long since we only have one hour before training begins.

I saw Mikasa, Eren and Armin sitting on a table together. Mikasa cutted her hair into a shorter length. While the two boys still look the same.

Mikasa looks pretty! Sometimes I wanna marry her. But I can't. A certain boy named Eren Jaeger seems to be having a crush on Mikasa Ackerman. Hehe.

After eating breakfast we all made our way to the field. And there is our commandant again, shouting like a mountain is in betweeen him and us, cadets.

"First, I'm going to check your aptitude! All you have to do is attach a rope to your hips and dangle, scum! Keep your balance with the full belt on! Those who can't do this aren't even fit to use as bait! I'll send you to a settlement!"