Chapter 32: Apologize

{Long Chapter Ahead - 4,359 words}

"It's about the twice size of the colossal titan and it seems to be extremely hot, all the trees around it are catching fire. And it's ignoring nearby humans." I said while staring at Rod Reiss's titan.

"So it's an abnormal?" Jean asked.

"If it's not being controlled by the will of a former human, then yes. But What happened down there?" Armin asked.

No one answered. I looked at Historia who's standing beside me, just like Eren she looks gloomy. I guess she's been through a lot. If Ymir's here, I'm sure, Historia will at least feel better.

"We're going after that titan. The interior squad could be nearby. Stay on guard." Levi said.

We nod our heads.

Mobit, Mikasa, Jean, Sasha, Connie, Marlowe, Hitch and Levi hopped on their horses. Eren and Historia rode the wagon that's Armin's driving, Hange is with them.

I was about to hop on my horse but Levi stopped me.

"You'll ride with me." Levi said.

I looked at him with confusion. "Huh? Why? I have my own horse. I can ri-"

"I don't care. Hop on, brat." He said boredly.

I frowned and rolled my eyes.
I hopped on his horse. Levi helped me. I sat behind him and wrapped my arms around his waist. Levi tied the reigns of my horse to the reigns of his horse so it will not be unguided.

I leaned my head on Levi's shoulder.

"Umm so, say we call the titan power inside Eren the founding titan. Only those descended from the Reiss bloodline can use the true power of the founding titan. However, even if a Reiss gains its power, they'll be controlled by the first king's ideology, which won't let them free humanity from the titans." Hange said.

I hissed. "That's really interesting. So the first king would call this true peace? What a funny way to look at things." I said sarcastically and Hange chuckled.

"So that means we still have options. If I let that titan eat me then Rod Reiss will go back to being a human. We can still bring back a full founding titan." Eren said which made me and Mikasa gasped.

"But that's-!"

"Seems that way." Levi said.

I gasped in disbelief. Mikasa and
I both looked at Levi. I can't see his face since I am behind him.

"If Rod Reiss turns back into a human, and we can successfully restrain him then undo the first king's brainwashing, that could be a way to save humanity." Levi said.

I had the urge to smack him. But I won't do that, he might throw me out of his horse.

Is he saying that Eren should really sacrifice his self?!

"But...Are you saying you're prepared to do that?" Levi asked Eren.

I looked at Eren who's looking down.

"Yes." Eren said and I groaned.

"Eren! You promised to stay with me, right?! Why are you sacrificing yourself?! If you get eaten, what about me? What about your promise?! I'll be alone if you die!"

Eren sighed. "Y/N. Do you think humanity will be free if I don't sacrifice myself?"

I stiffened and stared at him. "I'm no royal blood, I can never become the founding titan, if Rod Reiss won't eat me, then our last hope to free humanity will go to waste." He said and looked at me.