Chapter 7: Changes

(2,887 words)

(Shadis's POV)

I stopped my horse beside Arlert who looks tired from walking and trying hard to keep up with his comrades. We are currently outside the training corps and wondering in the mountains while heavy rain keeps on pouring. The cadets are carrying heavy baggages on their back.

"What's wrong, Arlert? You're the only one behind! Is it too heavy for you?! Would you like to be the only one not carrying a pack?!" I asked him using my loud voice.

He didn't answer me and he kept on going. I hissed and made my horse moved. I tilted my head a bit and saw that Braun helped him but Arlert didn't allow it and took his baggage back.

Reiner Braun...He's strong as an ox and has the will to match but more than anything, he's earned the trust of his comrades.

"I won't be a burden! Even if I die trying!" Arlert said and made his pace faster.

Armin Arlert...When it comes to physical strenght, he doesn't measure up to a soldier standards. But I hear that in the classroom lectures, he's shown extraordinary imagination. If he acquired a sense of direction..
Or perharps...

I watched Kirstein as he aimed to kill a titan dummy but Hoover and Leonhart stole his point.

Annie Leonhart...The angle of approach of her slashing attack is impeccable...She carves deeply into the target. Personality-wise, she tends to be a loner and has trouble cooperating.

Bertholdt Hoover...He's mastered every single skill that's been taught...And I believe he has a lot of potential. But he lacks drive and tends to leave decisions to others.

Kirstein used more gas to sped up and try to spot more titan dummies and kill it.

Jean Kirstein...He has a deep understanding of the vertical maneuvering equipment and excels at exploiting that skill...He can also take in a situation at a moment's glance, but his personality is like a drawn sword, which tends to create conflict.

Kirstein seems to have found a titan dummy but Springer showed up out of nowhere.

"Thanks, Jean!"

Connie Springer...He has a fine sense of balance and is effective at vertical maneuvering. However, he's got a slow mind and often makes strategic mistakes.

Springer was about to slice the dummy's nape but Sasha Braus showed up out of nowhere and sliced the dummy's nape, stealing Springer and Kirstein's point.

"Yahoo!!"

Sasha Braus...She moves quickly and has remarkable instincts..But she has issues with structure, making her ill-suited for organized activity.

The cadet officerrs raised more titan dummies as Jaeger number 1 and Ackerman came.

Mikasa Ackerman...She's mastered every single difficulty subject perfectly. Her talent js historically unprecedented, making her the most valuable of them all.

Eren Jaeger...Though proficient at barehanded fighting, he doesn't seem to have any other skills. But he possesses a sense of purpose that's twice as strong as anyone else's. Through constant effort, his grades have steadily improved.

My eyes widened when I saw a fast figure passed by Ackerman and Jaeger number 1, I gasped when I saw all the five titan dummies were down. Clean and deep cut on their napes.

What the?

"Damn it, Y/N!" Jaeger number 1 shouted at his sister!

"Y/N, leave some points for us!" Jean shouted.