Chapter 48: Hizuru

{3,140 words}

-Year 852-

"I haven't seen you since you lifted our ship. I look forward to working with you." Yelena said to Eren with a smile.

The anti-Marleyan volunteers, the queen, the survey corps and other soldiers from the two regiments have met today to welcome their first official visitor from a nation from the outside world.

Levi walked towards Eren and blocked him from the anti-Marleyan volunteers. He looks like a dad being protective of his son. He raised his right hand stopping Yelena.

 He raised his right hand stopping Yelena

"No. He'll never come in contact with any of you again. This brief meeting is as far as we will go." The captain of the survey corps said.

Yelena smiled and nod her head.

"That's plenty! That makes today an auspicious day." The tall Marleyan woman soldier said.

After waiting for not-so-long, the ship of their foreign visitor finally arrived.

"From the one nation in the world friendly to Paradis. Hizuru. Their ambassador on this trip is Kiyomi Azumabito. She has significant influence over Hizuru's foreign affairs, which she uses to maintain strong historical ties with other nations. She's the head of their clan." Yelena said which surprised Mikasa.

"She-...!

Yelena held Mikasa's right shoulder and leaned closer to her right ear. "Does her face resembles your mother's? It's just like I told you. You two are blood relatives." Yelena said which shocked Mikasa even more.

"Do you recognize this family crest?" Kiyomi Azumabito asked Mikasa and showed a black flag with the Azumabito family crest.

Mikasa and Eren were shocked upon seeing the crest.

"That...!!" Mikasa looked down and held her left wrist that has a bandage.

Eren looked at her. "Show her, Mikasa."

Mikasa looked at Eren. "But mom said to keep it a secret."

"Huh? You showed it to me as a kid, didn't you?" Eren asked. "This is probably the day she was waiting for. Go on." Eren said.

Mikasa sighed and removed the bandage on her left wrist. The Hizuru's were shocked upon seeing the same crest on Mikasa's back wrist.

"Before she died,  my mother gave me this mark. She had it too and she asked me to pass it on my own children." Mikasa said.

Kiyomi's eyes became glossy. She walked towards Mikasa and held bmher arms. "What...what a noble act." The ambassador of  Hizuru said.

"About a hundred years ago, Hizuru's shogun was an ally of the Eldian empire. We in the Azumabito family trace our lineage back to his son, who was in good terms with the Fritz royal family and visited here. After our defeat in the great titan war, Hizuru lost standing in the world. Then, though I'm unsure of how it happened. Almost all the confusion."