Chapter 16: First Kiss

{Long Chapter Ahead - 4,064 words)

"So what I'm saying is, the person who did it has an excellent skill in vertical maneuvering gear and slicing a titan's nape. I doubt it's a survey corps member who just hates titans so much that he/she killed the subjects. And it's not possible that two persons did it. Doing such a risky mission can't compose of more than one person, I believe only one person did this, Erwin." I said while staring at the floor.

Levi, Hange, Miche and me are here in his office talking about the deaths of our subjects.

"So what you mean is that it's not a soldier from our regiment? Then from where?" Erwin asked.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "I hate to say it but...I think the person who did this is from the trainees. Just think of it, no Garrison soldiers are here in our territory so it's impossible, while the military police don't use the vertical maneuvering gear so I doubt one of them did it. Only us and the traineess have the ODM gear. They really don't want us to have new leads!" I stomped my feet on the floor because of fustration.

"Calm down, brat." Levi said and handed me his black tea.

I nod my head and took his black tea and sipped on it.

"All we have to do is capture the spy!
I know it's not good to put my personal feelings into this but we really have to capture him/her so Eren won't be in danger. I can't let them get my brother."

Erwin nod his head while Hange sighed and smiled at me.

"Y/N, you think just like Erwin. Are you two relatives or what?" She asked and laughed a bit to lighten up the mood.

"They could be just like father and daughter." Miche said.

I laughed and looked at Erwin.
"How about that, commander?
Do you want a daughter like the Y/N Jaeger?" I said while smirking.

Erwin chuckled. "Not a bad idea."
He said and we all laughed except for Levi.

"Tch. You all are noisy." Levi said and shook his head.

"We are not. You're just silent." I said and nudge his stomach. He hissed and rolled his eyes on me.

Hange threw wrapped her left arms around my shoulders. "Y/N, I actually have one question for you." Hange asked.

I looked at her and smiled.
"What is it, Hange-san?" I'm glad Hange is now okay. Seeing her cry earlier saddened me. It was just because I'm used to seeing her always happy and energetic.

"Do you like Levi?"

I stiffened with her question. The room went silent and I literally can hear crickets. My face became hot and I'm sure I'm red as tomato now.

"Oh! You're blushing! Why are you blushing?!"

Hange laughed and pointed my face.

I looked at Levi who remains stoic and just quiet but he's staring at me.

That question.

How do I answer it?

Do I like Levi?

"C'mon, Y/N! You like Levi, right?! Hehe, you know before you joined the survey corps, we know that Levi is hanging out with a girl trainee from the training corps. And see that ring on Levi's finger? The girl gave it to her! She even gave Levi a white scarf and a letter! I know that's you!" Hange said with a teasing smile on her lips.

I gulped and looked away. "I...Yeah...That's me but we're not dating. If that's what you guys are thinking." I said and scoffed.

"Okay! But answer ny question. Do you like Levi?" Hange asked again.