Chapter 26: New Levi Squad

{3,904 words}

(Third Person Point-Of-View)

Jean and Sasha are busy loading off the wagon that's full of their supplies.

"We finally made it. I don't care if we're far from civilization." Jean said while carrying a big heavy box. "Here, Sasha. This one's for you!" He said and handed Sasha the big heavy box.

"What is this? It's heavy!" Sasha said as she carried the box.

"It's full of potatoes. They're your buddies right?" Jean said.

Sasha frowned. She looked back at Jean. "What could you be talking about? I've forgotten all about it." Sasha said, her face is still frowning.

Jean smirked. "Don't worry, I'm sure anyone else in the 104th could remind you." He said which made Sasha's face frown even more.

Armin then came came carrying a jug of I don't know. He also has a backpack. "Still, everything has become so expensive. If we lose these food supplies, we're going to starve to death." Armin said.

"That's right, Sasha. Just try to sneak some food out, captain Levi will slice you into nice, bite-sized pieces." Jean said to Sasha.

Sasha gulped. "I wouldn't...Probably." she whispered her last word which made Jean's brows furrow.

"Huh? Did I just hear you say something else?" Jean asked as the three of them went inside their cabin.

"We don't need to depend on all these groceries. We can just hunt in these mountains!" Sasha said.

Armin looked back at her. "We can't, Sasha. Even this far out, hunting's still prohibited. If people finds us and start talking, what's the point of hiding out in the first place?" Armin said.

Sssha awkwardly smiled. "O-okay.
I understand. Probably." Sasha said and whispered her last word again.

"I heard that potato girl!" Jean said.

Eren suddenly appeared out of nowhere. "Guys." The three looked at him. Eren is holding a broom and has a bandana on his head. A white cloth to cover his mouth and nose from the dust is tied loose on his chin. "Did you brush off all the dirt and dust on you before coming in here?" Eren asked.

Jean frowned. "Of course we didn't. Just look at all this stuff we're carrying. It's pretty obvious we couldn't." Jean said with mockery on his tone.

Eren groaned. "Do you still not get it? Do you think captain Levi will be satisfied with soldiers who act like that?! This morning, too! If I hadn't made your bed then-"

"Shut up! Are you my mom or somerthing?!" Jean asked in
annoyance.

"We're back." The two stopped bickering when Mikasa and Historia came. Mikasa is holding an axe over her right shoulder and holding firewooods on her left arm. While Historia is only holding a lot firewoods.

Armim gasped and walked towards Mikasa.

"What?! Were you cutting firewoods?!" Armin asked in disbelief.

"I don't want to go soft." Mikasa said.

"You're not a wild animal! You shouldn't be moving yet!" Armin scolded Mikasa.

Eren looked at his two friends. "I tried to stop her, but she wouldn't listen. Says she's already healed. In fact, she was doing sit-ups." Eren said.

Jean gritted his teeth and turned to Eren. "You were peeping on her?!"

Eren's eyes widened. "What?!"

The two started bickering again. Sasha just turned her back on her friends and faced the supply of breads on the table.