Chapter 30: Hitch and Marlowe

{Long Chapter Ahead - 5,185 words}

I pour a lot of liquor on Levi's wound on his left arm. He hissed because of pain, I sighed and gently wiped it with a clean white cloth.

"Don't move. I'll stitch your cut." I said and he nod. Sasha who's beside me gave me the stitching materials. "Do you need something to bite on?
I mean the needle might hurt." I said to Levi.

He shook his head. "No need.
I can handle it." He said and I nod.

I started stitching his wound. I'm really thankful that father taught me first-aid kit. I wonder if I'll learn more about medicines? I would love to be a doctor just like him.

After stitching the wound on his left arm, I treated the wound on hia forehead. I stiffened when I felt his hands on my waist. "Is it just me or you've lost weight?" Levi asked. "Your waist got smaller?" He added.

Sasha scoffed and walked out from us to give us some privacy. The others are busy with their own businesses.

I shrugged. "I-I don't know. Maybe yes or maybe not." I said and continued treating his forehead wound.

"Where's your ring?" Levi asked.

I smiled and took out the necklace around my neck. "Here!" I said showed him my engagement ring hanging on the necklace. "I'm scared that I might lose it during missions so I made it as a necklace instead." I explained.

He nod his head. "Very well. I'll hate you if you lose that." He said which made me laugh.

I was already done treating his wounds so I kept the first-aid kit and washed my hands. "Y/N, are you sure you will accept Historia's condition?" Levi asked.

"Yes, it's not like I have a choice. If I don't accept her condition, she will not agree to becoming the queen."
I tied my hair in a ponytail. "Being a duchess, I'm sure it'll be hard but maybe I can do it. I have to do it."

Levi stared at me. He held my hand and carressed it. "If you become a duchess, you'll need to live in the interior, we won't always be together." He said while staring at me.

I frowned and poked his nose. "Aren't you the one who said that I should do it?! Now you're bitching about it." I rolled my eyes at him.

Levi hissed. "Whatever. I'll just visit you whenever I have time. And Historia said that she will still let you participate in the survey corps,
I guess I don't have to worry that much. Just take care of yourself when I'm not around." Levi said.

I chuckled and nod my head. "Of course, I will. Take care of yourself too. You keep getting injured these days." I said and shook my head.

Levi didn't say anything. He remained quiet while staring at me. I felt awkward with his stare so I looked away and roamed my eyes around the filthy stable we're staying in.

My eyes caught Mikasa and Jean talking. Sasha and Connie are taking care of the horses. Armin is not around, he's probably still outisde and needs more time alone.

What he did earlier gave him trauma.
He killed a person, and he can't seem to accept that fact. I can't blame him. For someone like Armin who prefers talking and doesn't like violence, he's surely to react differently with his first human kill.

Even Jean is not himself. He hesitated in killing the woman earlier so he almost got killed but thanks to Armin he wasn't.

I'm just glad we're fine.

We are all now gathered around a bonfire and eating dinner. I looked at Armin when I noticed that he's not eating. I know he's still not okay.

"What's wrong, Armin? This filthy stable make you lose your appetite?" Levi asked.