Chapter 63: Promise

{Long Chapter Ahead - 5,950 words}

Year 844 

Y/N let out a deep sigh whilst she stare outside through the window. It's already midnight but the green-eyed young girl is still wide awake. Y/N looked at her side where Eren is sleeping. The Jaeger twins are sharing a bed. Eren's on the left side while Y/N's on the right.

Y/N giggled when she saw Eren drooling. His mouth slight-opened and he's even snoring. The young girl smiled and fixed her brother's blanket. She picked up a handkerchief from their bedside table and gently wiped Eren's drool. "Ew...." Y/N mutterd and giggled.

Eren's brows furrowed. He slowly opened his eyes and was confused upon seeing Y/N still awake.

"Y/N? Why aren't you sleeping yet?" Eren asked. He yawned and gently rubbed his eyes. Y/N smiled and put the handkerchief on Eren's nose making Eren cringed because of the smell of his saliva.

"I was thinking of something." Y/N said, still smiling.

She looked outside and stared at the nightsky.

"What is it?" Eren asked. He sat up and stared outside, too. Their room was quiet for a moment. Only a little light from outside is giving light to their dark room.

"I was thinking if what Armin said was really true. The sea, he said that it's like a giant lake filled with so much saltwater the merchants could never collect it all.  And there's even burning water, land made of ice and snowy plains of sand. He said that titans aren't the only things outside the walls. Is that really...true?" Y/N asked. 

She closed her eyes and tried to imagine what Armin told them but she just can't picture it in her mind.

Eren smiled a bit. He suddenly poked Y/N's forehead making Y/N open her eyes and stare at him. "I don't know. But we'll surely know if we venture outside the walls." Eren said. "We'll join the survey corps and slay all the titans. Then someday, we'll have the freedom to venture outside the walls. We will go to the sea, to that burning water, land made of ice and even that snowy plains of sand. We'll go there together." Eren said 

Y/N smiled a bit. She raised her pinky finger to Eren. 

"That's a promise now, okay?" Y/N said. 

Eren interlocked his pinky with Y/N's pinky. 

"Promise." Eren said with a genuine smile.

"The flying boat is still attached to the Azumabito ship. Samuel and Daz are guarding it. If I'm not wrong, they put explosives around the flying boat. We need to get them to remove the explosives. Armin and Connie, you two will go and buy time for us. Distract Floch, too. I'm certain he's with the Azumabitos. It's up to you what you will do or say to buy time for us." Y/N said. Armin and Connie nod their heads. Y/N's in the center while drawing patterns on the harbor's map. The survey corps veterans and the warriors are surrounding Y/N. 

"Mikasa, you'll rescue the Azumabito. Crash through the window if you must. Floch's no match for you anyway or any of those Jaegerist  bastards." Mikasa nod her head. 

Y/N then looked at Zelda, Brandon and Sasha.

"You three will stay here and guard the ones who can't fight. If something happens, find a safe place to retreat. You know what to do if there's an enemy." Y/N said. 

"Yes, your grace." Zelda, Brandon and Sasha said.

Y/N sighed. "And stop calling me that. Just call me by my name." Y/N said.