The Final Chapter

{Long Chapter Ahead - 4,590 words}

Y/N is helping Levi to walk. The steams are not yet fully gone. Y/n suddenly stopped walking when she saw Ymir Fritz looking at her and Levi. Levi was surprised that he's seeing Ymir, the founder. Y/N intertwined her hand with Levi's hand. She smiled at Ymir Fritz as her eyes became glossy. "You chose me...you were the one who was peeking into my head..." Y/N said.

"I understand now, Ymir...You...wanted to be different. You wanted to change yourself who was the slave of love...you wanted to know how would your life turn out if you didn't let your love gave you a long nightmare. You imagined yourself making a better choice. And you saw those things in me. I showed you that it's okay to love someone but it should be right. I showed you that it's okay to save other people than save the ones I personally care for. I showed you that forgiveness can still be given even of how much you hate a person. But it was not only me, right? Eren showed you, too. He showed you that you can let go of someone or something precious to you. He showed you that you're no slave and you're just yourself. Eren showed us...that we can do everything for that one person we love even if it means sacrificing ourselves. But most importantly, we showed you that it's not only for one person...it's for everyone."

Y/N wiped her tears. She looked down and sadly smiled. "I think your love was just a long nightmare. The life that was taken will never return...even so because of the life you have created, Levi and me are here...Eren and Mikasa, too." 

Y/N and Levi looked at Ymir who smiled as she closed her eyes and smiled.

"Good night, Ymir." Levi and Y/N said. Y/N and Levi continued walking, the two didn't look back. They didn't bother to go their comrades and the other Eldians and just left the battle place.

------------------------------------------------

Three years have passed since the day known as the "Battle of Heaven and Earth." Those who have survived after an unfathomable number of lives were taken still seem to be tormented by their unhealing scars. As the world suffers through this loss, their fears have come true. The nation of Eldia has formed a so-called army controlled by the Jaegerists and now focus their efforts on building their military. Fearful of retalition from what is left of humanity on the other side of the sea...the island yells out as one.

"If we win, we live. If we lose, we die. If you don't fight, we can't win. Fight. Fight."

"This fight will not end until either Eldia or the world disappears. That is what Eren said, and he may be right. Even so, he chose to leave the world in our hands. The place we now live in. A world without titans." Armin said as he finished reading Queen Historia's letter.

He gave it to Reiner who's sitting beside him. Reiner sniffed the letter and even closed his eyes. "I never get tired of Historia's beautiful handwriting. It even smells nice." Reiner said.

"How many times do I have to tell you not to lust after a married woman, creep?" Jean said, he's standing in front of a mirror and have been fixing his hair.

"You seem awfully concerned about how your hair looks yourself, Jean. Trying to look good for someone?" Pieck said. She's sitting in a chair across Reiner that's also beside Armin.

"For all the girls who ever open a history textbook." Jean said.

"Don't you mean a field guide to horses?" Reiner said making Sasha choked on her steamed potato and burst out laughing. The brunette-girl is standing beside Connie, the two of them are in front of the window and just admiring the sea. Connie also laughed along with Sasha.