Chapter 49: Left

{3,540 words}

"So there really are towns past the walls and people living in them, too." Connie said while watching the crowd of people in the port of Marley's continent.

The survey corps are now in Marley to do their own very first survey past the walls.

"Don't say that kind of thing around others." Jean said, his arms are crossed over his chest.

"Yeah, yeah. I know." Connie said.

"At last long. We will be the first who live within in the walls to step foot on land outside of them." Sasha said which made Armin and Levi looked at her.

Jean sighed and shook his head. "What did I just say?"

"You could say we're all going back to our roots on this mission. Let the survey begin." The brunette woman smiled at while staring at the crown.

Onyankopon smiled at the survey corps he removed his hat and bowed a bit as a welcoming gesture for the survey corps.

"Welcome to the continent of Marley. Allow me to guide you to miss Azumabitos's estate."

The survey corps has followed Onyankopon. Hange, Sasha and Connie were amazed by the new things they see.

"Huh?! That horse! Is that a horse?!" Connie askee while pointing to a car.

Sasha shook her head. "No. Isn't that a cow?! It's a kind of cow!" Sasha said.

Hange laughed. "It's a car! We've heard about them before coming. Hello, car!" Hange greeted the car as if it will greet her back.

The people started staring at the three. Jean and Armin noticed this and felt anxious.

"This is bad. They're staring at us." Armin said.

"Yeah. They must think we're bumpkins." Jean said.

"Huh?"

"Pretend we don't know them."

"Hange-san! Please calm yourself." Moblit said trying to refrain his commander from getting too much excited but the commander just ignored him.

Levi hissed. "If we don't stop them, they're going to try to feed carrots to that lump or iron."

Erwin and Onyankopon laughed at what Levi said.

"Oh, please..." Onyankopon said. His eyes caught Hange, Connie and Sasha buying carrots. "They're buying carrots." He asked in disbelief. The three might really start feeding carrots to the iron lump.

"Erwin, do something about Hange." Levi said and Erein just shrugged.

"Moblit is there. He can keep Hange in her sanity than anyone else could." The former commander said which made Levi hissed and rolled his eyes.

"You're being useless right now. You shouldn't have come."

"Haha. Say whatever you want to say, Levi."

Eren and Mikasa who are walking together are both roaming their eyes around.

"There's so many people." Mikasa said while walking, she didn't even notice that Eren is behind her already.

She stopped when she felt that Eren is not on her side anymore. She looked back and saw the green-eyed boy standing on his place and roaming his eyes around. It was as if, Eren is thinking about something so deep.

"Hey, Eren." Mikasa called the green-eyed boy. "There's no telling what'll happen. So please don't leave my side." The raven-hair girl said. Eren just looked at Mikasa.