Chapter 13 | grand plan

For Gabriel Agreste, like was a mess right now. He could barely show his face without scandals following him since the disappearance of his son, and the allegations against him.

It was stressing him out, and it made him angry.

"Sir... You should get some rest you're only stressing yourself out" Nathalie said, out of bed when she should be resting.

"You're the one who should be resting, it's been months and your condition still hasn't improved" Gabriel replied.

"I know, I know. But you're starting to worry me, if you push yourself too hard you'll hurt yourself more. I know everything is stressful right now, but-"

"Nathalie"

She fell silent, looking down at her boss who sat at his desk with his glasses glaring in the light of his computer screen.

"I think we should stop searching for Adrien" Gabriel said.

"B-but he's your son! He could be in dang-"

"He's clearly not willing to come back. I'm sure that friend of his is somehow involved but at this point the media storm around me is only going to make our mission harder"

Nathalie was torn, she worried for the safety of the young boy. And she knew that Luka had nothing to do with this and it was indeed a runway case, but her loyalty to Gabriel was telling her to just agree with him.

"Cat Noir is missing too though, even if you got ladybugs miraculous we'd still have to look for Cat Noir. Adriens case and the mission are both going to be long winded, so why not try and work both of them?" Nathalie suggested.

"That's the thing, Adriens case has gotten to complex. He's vanished without a trace, the whole world thinks I'm the reason for it and he clearly doesn't want to come back, he's probably hiding with some boy... the police insisted he's not with that Luka kid but I'm sure he helped him escape. If he does show up, we'll clean up the case from there. But for now we have to focus on saving the brand and getting those miraculous" Gabriel replied.

"If you do manage to get the miraculous and revive her... what will she think of her only son being missing?"

There was silence for a moment, he hasn't thought of that. His whole goal with the miraculous was to get his wife back, and together they'd continue everything they started 16 years ago. But if Adrien was missing there would definitely be a reaction from Emilie.

She had been the one to create him after all.

"That's something I'll have to figure out when it happens. I'm sure she'll be mad but we'll continue the search then. Plus, what good is Adrien right now? If everything about him got out to the media the brand would suffer, more than it already is... this is a mess. First Emilie does, Felix takes the ring, Adrien runs off, the brand takes a hit..." Gabriel sighed.

Nathalie had been around for all of this. She'd been working with the Agrestes ever since Adrien came into the world, she'd witnessed everything. She knew that using the broken miraculous could cause the same fate as Emilie and yet she still did it, although it seems the effects on her health were almost irreversible. She stayed silent about what happened during the night Adrien left, all to save face for Gabriel. Even though she knew that this was all happening because he wanted to revive his wife he loved so much and that he'll never return her feelings, she still stayed loyal.

Even though she was worried sick about the boy she's watched grow up.

"He's... grown independent" Nathalie said.

"He's at the point where no matter how much I order him around, he had free will. That's why I know I can't make him come back, there's no point in searching until Emilie is back and we can go from there"