Chapter 66 | confrontation

There wasn't any time too lose, if they didn't act fast Luka could be seriously hurt. They had somewhat of a plan, but it would be one hell of a fight.

"Ok... I'll keep the knights distracted, you get up the Eiffel Tower. I'll purify all the akumas, you get the amok object off Lila" Ladybug recapped.

"Alright, let's do this" Cat replied.

Marinette put a reassuring hand on his shoulder.

"Hey... we'll win this even if it destroys Paris, we'll win this"

"What whatever it takes" Adrien replied.

The sun dropped behind the horizon, streetlights had been tuned on and the area around the scene was lit by police car headlights. It was already a mess down there as police tried to keep civilians as far away as possible, but not get close enough to get attacked.

"See that streetlight? Loop your yoyo around it and fling me as high as you can, I can dodge the knights knocking my baton that way" Adrien pointed out.

"You sure? If you land too hard you'll hurt your legs" Marinette replied.

"Cats always land on their feet, I don't care if it hurt a bit"

"Alright, let's do this. Hold tight"

Taking her hand with an iron grip, Marinette swung the yo-yo around the streetlights and the two launched themselves off the building flying down and swinging back up again. As hard as she could, she flung Adrien out of her grip toward the tower and as he flew through the air, he grabbed its batons held them out and as soon as he was in range, extended them to wedge himself between the sides of the tower.

With a clash, he made it over the knights as Ladybug got to work keeping them away from cat. He looked down at the platform of the tower below him hanging onto his batons has he hung. It wasn't a big drop but he knew the landing would hurt with his pains.

"Ok Adrien you can handle this..." he psyched himself up.

Letting the batons retract, he dropped onto the platform and landed on his feet only to immediately buckle as a sharp pain shot through his legs.

"FUCK- ow... ugh..." he cursed, winching at the pain.

But he didn't have time to sit there and complain, he had to scale this tower as fast as he could before the ropes holding Luka up snapped. And with his weapons broken he couldn't save himself if he fell, he'd be lucky to survive a drop from that height.

As he climbed the tower from the inside using the batons, he bit his tongue to try and distract from the pain in his legs.

As he got closer to the top, he could see Luka hanging from the ropes looking exhausted and in pain. The familiar purple suit of the butterfly miraculous could be seen through the cracks, and the blue of the peacock close behind. He could hear chaos below him and when he looked down he found the tower was surrounded by practically the whole police force, curious thrill seeking civilians and news cameras. As usual Ladybug wasn't disappointing, swinging around the tower with ease catching akumas one by one and setting them free.

The senti knights followed her every move but she didn't touch the ground once keeping out of their reach. There were so many of them, it was clear that they'd made that many to be a distraction, but completely failed to think of the fact Cat Noir isn't needed to purify an akuma, only Ladybug is. They're a team yes, but a team with different abilities and powers.

The closer he got to the top, the more he could hear, and the harsher the night wind got.

But suddenly something stopped him in his tracks. The sight of Luka jogged his memory of the broadcast he just watched... Luka was cut off, but he the sentence was still understandable.