Chapter 49 | the trial: Adrien

1 month before the trial of Gabriel Agreste

"Hun, I know you might not want to risk coming back before Gabriel is in jail but if you do... then you can take the stand at his trial and give a first hand account. That'll guarantee him the worst sentence" Luka said, reading the state laws on his boyfriends laptop.

"I thought about that... I think I will. Once I'm in custody of the girls, I'll make that trail my public return. The detectives and lawyers will keep the media silent about my return until then" Adrien replied, reading over a copy of custody laws while laying in bed.

The only people outside his close colleagues that knew he was alive and well were the police at Liliths department, who were helping with the emergency custody ruling. As soon as it was processed, Adrien would legally be the child of Lilith and Delilah, not Gabriel. That would only be a few days away if everything went smoothly.

"The trail is set for next month, so let's hope that custody ruling goes smoothly so you can take the stand by then" Luka said.

"It'll be hard to face him again but I have to, I want him to never make it out of prison" Adrien replied.

There were quite a few people involved in this case. Nathalie would be taking the stand, Luka would he taking the stand, the staff at Adrien's school would be taking the stand, Lilith and Delilah would have to take the stand. The statements from his classmates and work colleagues would be read out. It was going to be a very long trial. But even with a highly paid lawyer, now that the evidence is concrete and not circumstantial, his conviction was absolute.

Of course, some details involving being cat noir would have to be left out...

Luka turned to his boyfriend, giving him a warm smile.

"I'm proud of you, you've gone through hell and you're still standing and fighting. You're a true soldier" Luka said.

"Thanks... it hasn't been easy but it's worth it" Adrien replied.

"I love you"

"I love you too"

Placing a kiss on his lips, Luka was actually rather existed for the trail. It meant there'd finally be the chance to spread the truth about Gabriel on live TV, in front of a whole court, a judge and jury and secure a conviction.

There were a long list of charges he could get.

Child abuse, child negligence, battery, aggravated assault label it what you will it was still a crime. And if it came to light that he had Emilies body under the house he could be charged with body snatching or keeping a dead body illegally. The charges kept piling up. And by the time everyone found out he was hawkmoth, he'd be done for.

Adrien would see his father jailed even if it was the last thing he did.

Day of the trial

It was nerve wracking, standing in front of a court in front of his father in an orange jail jumpsuit, on live TV. The first time he'd shown his face in 9 months, a whole baby could be born in that time. And on top of all that, he was about to recount all his trauma in front of everyone.

The jury off to the side, the judge next to him, the viewing full of all his classmates and reporters, in the front row those who would take the stand. Luka, Lilith and Delilah, Nathalie, his teachers.

His father looked both shocked to see him and furious to see him. His fancy pants lawyer swearing buckets knowing he'd not be winning this case.

"Alright... Adrien I understand this will be difficult, but will you please tell the court what happened on the day you ran away?" His lawyer said.