Chapter 41 | surpirse visit

It was uncomfortable being hooked up to a heart monitor all day and night, and it was uncomfortable having blood tests and other samples taken while being drugged up on pain killers. But that's what Nathalie was living right now, when she woke up she found herself in hospital. Finally, she was getting some kind of treatment.

She was actually surprised Gabriel caved and called an ambulance and didn't just send her to bed to sleep it off or something. Guess it was getting much to serious to ignore.

It was late, she was meant to be getting some sleep but she was much too uncomfortable for that. Hospitals weren't fun, but at least maybe she could be treated now. She was a mess, stuck in a hospital gown with her hair all messed up and loose, glasses on the bedside table slightly chipped from the fall.

She lay there in the dark, meant to be asleep. But she just couldn't.

"Why did it have to come to this..?" She muttered to herself, looking down at the IV in her arm.

At this point she just hoped nothing was fatal. She'd have to wait for test results for that to be crossed off the possibilities list. She sighed, shifting in her hospital bed trying to find some kind of comfort to fall asleep. The curtains on the window were open only a slight crack, and through that crack she could see something flash.

Brushing it off as a passing cars headlights, she didn't think much of it. But her attention was turned back to the window when she heard it slide open. Slightly panicking and turning to face it, through the darkness she was surprised to see who she did.

"Hey..."

"Ad-"

"Shhh, cameras"

That's right, there were security cameras in the halls. They couldn't talk to loud or audio would be picked up and Adrien would be tracked down. In the room itself there were none, since it would violate patient privacy and such. This time she kept her voice down.

"Adrien?" She questioned.

Carefully and quietly making it through the window, Adrien approached her. Nathalie was confused, what was he doing here and how did he know?

"How did you find out?" She asked.

"Uh... even though I'm not responding to anyone I can still see group chat messages from my friends. They said they saw ambulances at the house while they were hanging out today and I knew exactly what'd happened" Adrien explained.

Ok that was a half lie, Luka told him. The group did see the ambulance though, that's what happens when the house is right down the road from the hangout park.

"I see... why are you here? I thought you'd be wanting rid of me" Nathalie asked.

Adrien sat on the end of the bed, sighing and looking at the disheveled state Nathalie was in. It was hard to look at, his mother looked just like that when she was sick.

"Even if I can't forget the things you did... the fact that you've given me my amok ring, told me everything and apologised tells me you at least feel remorse. Plus... you were the only one there for me after mum died... I'm worried you'll suffer the same fate..." Adrien admitted.

Nathalie smiled slightly, glad to know that even after everything that happened Adrien was still worried about her. He truly did have a heart of gold and was made of pure love.

"I'll be alright once I have treatment. Don't worry about it ok? I stopped using the miraculous just in time, while my sickness may be permanent I can control the symptoms with the right medication. I just need some tests done ti make sure dosages are right" Nathalie assured.