Chapter 68 | hatred

Felix gripped his staff in anger, starring at his cat suited cousin in rage. Adrien looked back at him, shocked and hurt.

"Felix... who told you that? We're family, we're two sides of the same coin! Mum made us to be family, to love each other and be perfect sons! Mum gave you to Amalie because she loved her sister so much she made her a child of her own! You know that, you know that not being able to have kids shattered them and she-" Adrien tried to explain.

"No Adrien, I was a mere second thought. And the proof is in our design. You're perfect in every way, they made you famous and smart and pretty, they made you the face of the family, they made you succeed at everything without even having to try. I had to work, I worked so hard to have myself noticed by the family but the ONLY ONE to appreciate me was my own mother! No one ever asked what I thought, or how I was doing. It's always Adrien this, Adrien that, Adrien is so perfect! AND NOT ONCE HAVE I EVER BEEN CONSIDERED. I was NOTHING but a present to my mother, something to put on the shelf once you're done with it. And if I can make one wish it's that I WAS A NORMAL HUMAN THAT GETS APPRECIATED! I'll make a world where me and my mother are the ones in the spotlight, not the shadows. A WORLD WITHOUT YOU IN IT!" Felix ranted.

Any hope Adrien had of restoring the relationship they once had was gone. Knowing Felix would rather live in a world where Adrien didn't exist, that made him shatter. His mother was dead, his father abused him and ended up in prison, and his best friend cousin hated his guts so much he wanted them dead.

His whole family... was gone. Everyone he thought he loved, everyone he thought he could rely on was against him, or dead.

"You want me to die?" Adrien asked, in a small broken voice.

"Adrien don't say tha-" Marinette tried to comfort.

"I wish you were never born" Felix replied.

"So you want to kill me?"

"I want to snap you out of existence with your stupid cat powers"

It hurt... but after everything his father did to him. He was numb. He expected to be hurt at this point. Even though Felix words were like a knife to the heart, he didn't shed a tear. He always knew this was coming.

"You're disgusting Felix... how can you want your own family dead? Someone you were so close with? And Lila as if I didn't think you were pathetic already, going along with this? You're deranged. Both of you, absolutely disgusting beings. Adrien... he's a being made from pure love... but Felix you really are a monster" Ladybug snarled.

"Oh boo hoo, bug girl feels bad for her stray kitten. Shut your mouth Marinette, no one wants to hear it" Lila snapped.

Marinette had had it up to her neck with Lila. Usually she'd just try and ignore her at school or give her some kind of sassy comeback, but after all of this...

Something in her snapped.

"You're fucking vile Lila Rossi. DISGUSTING, PATHETIC, USELESS, WASTE OF SPACE, LIAR! You've tried SO hard to RUIN my life as Marinette and Ladybug, and you've hurt SO MANY OF MY FRIENDS IN THE PROCESS. I'm glad that no one likes you, I'm glad that you're treated like a bitch because you ARE ONE. If you want to squash me like a bug, TRY ME YOU WHORE FACED BITCH" she snapped.

Both Adrien, Luka and even Felix had to take a moment to let those words sink in. Marinette had NEVER said words so cruel before. But Lila? She deserved them. Cat wouldn't step in, and if Luka could he wouldn't anyway... they wanted to see Ladybug go apeshit and give Luka what she deserves.

"What did you just call me?" Lila spat.

"You heard me, fucker" Ladybug spat back

It was still for a moment, but in the blink of an eye the two girls were on each other like starving animals fighting for the last bit of food. No weapons, no powers just pure unbridled rage and fists thrown at each others faces. There was a moment where all the boys could do was watch, but Felix quickly snapped out of it, taking this as his chance while Ladybug was distracted with Lila.

He quickly turned away from everyone, picked up the pocket knife Lila had used earlier, and held the blade to the ropes that held Luka up. Lukas eyes widened and he tried to scream for him to stop.

"FELIX DONT YOU DARE-" Adrien snapped, rushing over to the edge of the platform.

"Not so fast. Give me the miraculous, and you get to keep your boyfriend alive. If you don't, you can say goodbye to him, and he can meet your mother" Felix smirked.

Luka violently shook his head, telling Adrien not to give in.

"But if I don't you'll die! I can't loose you!" Adrien panicked.

"Your choice Adrien. The miraculous or your boyfriend?" Felix snapped.

He looked around for some way to stop this, Felix held the knife to the rope and one swoop was all it'd take. They were so high up he couldn't find anywhere to fight from. Marinette and Lila were distracted in a full on bloody boxing match of pent up anger all coming out at once.

"You're just as bad as my father... I thought we could trust each other Felix!" He cried out, tears starting to well up in his eyes.

"You guessed wrong cousin. I'm sick of living in your shadow, IM SICK OF YOUR PATHETIC LOVE!" Felix screamed.

"IM MADE OF LOVE FELIX I CANT JUST PUSH AWAY HOW MUCH THIS HURTS ME!"

"THATS YOUR ONE FAULTY PART, YOU'RE MADE OF LOVE. And you know what? What if I made your love the reason for your downfall?"

He could hardly recognise his cousin anymore, he could see the same unhinged look his father had when he was getting beaten in Felix's eyes. Felix took the staff, and in one hard swoop he jabbed the pointed end right into Lukas eye. Luka screeched in pain, muffled from the tape over his mouth.

"DON'T YOU FUCKING TOUCH HIM!" Adrien screamed, the tears that welled up now streaming down his cheeks.

"THE MIRACULOUS OR HIS LIFE ADRIEN!" Felix screamed back, another hard whack of the staff being swung upon the defenceless Luka.

This time he was hit in the neck, effectively making him choke on his own breath.

"LUKA-" Adrien screamed.

Felix had truly lost it, a deranged cackle escaped his throat at the sight of Adriens horror. Luka weakly bought up his head, short of breath and teary eyed. The eye that had been jabbed was swollen, blood streaming down his cheek. All he could do was shake his head, desperately trying to tell Adrien not to give up the miraculous.

"But... I can't loose you...I love you..." Adrien sobbed.

He clenched his fists in anger, and as soon as he did, he felt something surge through his arm. He looked down at it, finding his Miraculous almost glowing in a way.

"If you can't bare to loose him, then hand it over" Felix snarled.

He looked down at the ring, and suddenly he understood what he had to do. If Ladybug can power up... then why can't he?

"LADYBUG!" He called.

Marinette looked up from her spot pinning Lila to the ground and revealed the bruise on her cheek Lila has given her in the fight. All the more reason for Cat to do this.

"JUMP!"

They'd done this trick before, just on a lesser scale. Marinette knew what to do.

Before Felix or Lila could react, all that anger and trauma that had built up for so long came surging through his body. His arm began to spark a green glow, and he starred Felix in the soul...

"CATACLYSM!"