Chapter 71 | the truth

He knew the second he heard rushed footsteps down the hallway who it was. And within seconds of first hearing it, the doors to the hospital room bust open and Lilith and Delilah rushed over, both pulling him into their arms.

"Oh my GOD Adrien don't scare us like that!" Delilah said.

"Are you ok? I bought your prescription in case. You better not be dying mister or I'll be VERY mad" Lilith added.

"I'm ok... just very high on these painkillers and a little scratched. I was x rayed and amazingly nothing is broken" Adrien replied, wrapping his arms around them.

The girls breathed a sigh of relief. And placed motherly kissed on his forehead. Something Adrien hadn't experienced in a long time, it was very comforting.

The next set of footsteps to rush down the hall was none other than Marinettes parents, who didn't waste any time picking her up off the chair she sat on and pulling her into a hug.

"Ah! Dad too tight!" She laughed.

"Are you ok? What happened, what's going on?" Her mother asked.

"Whoever hurt you is getting charged, no one touches my little girl" her father added.

"Um... well- if you put me down I can explain"

They put her down and and she looked over at Adrien for reassurance. He nodded, telling her that it was all they could do, and it was the right thing.

"Well um... as you can see Adrien is here too and uh... Luka is currently having emergency surgery-" she began.

"WOAH- hang on he's what? Who hurt him, who touched my son in law I'm making arrests" Lilith cut in.

"Calm down hun, let her explain. Although given what just happened in the city..." Delilah said.

It was silent for a moment when Marinettes parents heard Delilah's words and put two and two together.

"Marinette... you don't mean..." her father began.

"Yeah... I'm Ladybug" she admitted.

"And, if it wasn't already obvious I'm Cat Noir. Luka, he's Viperion... I'm sure you all saw him get stabbed in the eye on the news during the fight so that's why he's in surgery" Adrien added.

"We called his parents and they're on their way over"

Again it was silent for a moment, as the adults processed what the kids just admitted. And the fact they'd just been in a city destroying fight for the missing miraculouses and ended up in hospital.

"Ok I'm sorry to ruin the moment but I told you so honey" Delilah said.

"What? You knew?" Adrien asked.

"I thought it was very strange that as soon as Adrien goes missing so does Cat Noir... and the they both show up again with the same hair. You get diagnosed with chronic pains and then Cat Noir does an interview saying he's hurt but can still fight?"

"Ok, I'll admit. You were right, I wasn't sure since this child had already thrown many plot twists at us but yeah, now that you put it that way" Lilith admitted.

Adrien couldn't help but laugh. Of course they knew, they took him in and became such good parents they knew everything about him and accepted everything about him. They helped him though everything and treated him amazingly, of course they knew and kept it quiet until he was ready to say it himself.

"Wow... I can't hide anything from you can I?" He laughed.

"Nope, you're our kitten you can't hide anything from us. But just know we won't bring things up until you're ready to no matter what it is. That why I never said anything, don't worry honey your secret safe with us and we're proud of you for keeping Paris safe every day. And you too Marinette we won't tell a soul" Delilah reassured

"Thank you so much I was so worried someone would spill. So uh... mum, dad?" Marinette said.

She nervously looked over at her parents who'd been silently processing the whole time.

"Wow... I mean I'm not mad not at all! I just wasn't expecting it, you did so well keeping it a secret but I understand why you did" Sabine said.

"Honey you just defeated two crazed villains and realised your friends, saved the whole city and the only thing you got was a bump on the head? That's... AMAZING! Marinette I'm so proud of you!" Her dad added, again pulling her into a tight hug.

"Ahh- ok yes thanks dad, but loosen the grip a little!" She laughed.

Overall the reveal to the parental figures went well, and a massive weight was pulled off Marinettes chest now she'd told them. Adrien knew deep down it would all be ok, after going through hell and quite literally hitting rock bottom, he knew that the only place to go from here was up.

"I won't tell a soul, absolutely no one will know my daughter is Ladybug and her friends are Cat Noir and Viperion" Tom said.

"Mum make sure he ACTUALLY doesn't tell anyone. He can't even keep a surprise party a surprise" Marinette laughed.

"Oh don't worry I'll make sure not a soul hears about this" Sabine reassured.

Adrien sat back into the pillows, feeling rather lightheaded from the meds and while part of him wanted to go to sleep, the rest of him was too tense about Luka. His adoptive mothers who sat at the end of his bed could sense he was stressed immediately with their adoptive mother senses. He never knew how they did that...

"You ok kitty cat? I promise we won't tell" Lilith asked.

"No it's not that... it's just, I hope Lukas ok. That was a really hard jab, I'm surprised I didn't loose my mind and claw Felix's face off for that..." Adrien replied.

"I think all that rage went right into that cataclysm. You managed to control your emotions really well" Marinette pointed out.

"I'm sure he'll be ok, yes he might have some scratches and injuries but he's alive isn't he? And I know that even if something happens you'll still love him to death right?" Delilah said.

"Yeah, I will. I could never fall out of love with him. I'm just worried that he'll be in as much pain as I am... you know before I got high"

It was clear just from the dazed look on his face that those painkillers were doing a number on him, and he was on another planet at this point. It was amazing he was able to have a coherent conversation about serious topics really, but he somehow managed.

"Adrien are you on another planet right now?" Lilith snickered.

"I feel like I'm surfing in Saturn's rings"

The room giggled at his comparison and reaction to the painkiller, it may look funny to them but they knew he'd probably crash really hard after it wore off.

"Note to self: never let Adrien get high again" Marinette joked.

"No- drugs are scary... this is SO weird" he replied.

At least in the tense situation they were all in, they could have a laugh at Adrien being on cloud nine here.