Chapter 15 | new home

Adrien sat in the warm police station, his bag at his feet and his blanket over his shoulder. A box of tissues in his lap and in the bin next to him plenty of tear stained ones. As well as a heat back given to him by one of the officers once they saw him struggling to walk with the current state of his leg pain. Seemed to be having a flare up. He'd been sitting here for a while while the two cops that found him talked to this 'Lilith' person.

"Do you think they know it's you?" Plagg whispered from his pocket.

"No... they haven't recognised me the whole time. I think the fact I got taller and my hair is a mess of colours and longer helped. Plus... I'm definitely not looking like a model right now. I should really brush my hair..." Adrien replied.

"I hope this works out, I don't want you anywhere near your dad or the media right now"

"I don't wanna be anywhere near them either. I hope they have somewhere safe for me..."

When the door opened, Plagg zipped back into his pocket and hid. The two cops were joined by another one. A woman who he presumed was Lilith. She was very tall, had curly hair and a lip ring. She looked pretty cool, very laid back and artsy.

"Alright kiddo, we've figured something out. This is Lilith, and she has a place for you to stay. I'll let her explain everything ok?" Andy said.

He nodded in response and was left alone with Lilith who pulled up a chair oppose him.

"Alright, nice to meet you. Although I wish it was under some nicer circumstances. I'm told your name is Chaton?" She began.

"Yeah... that's me" Adrien replied.

"Can I can I call you kitten? I'm gonna call you kitten. You have a cat name and you're very small I'm calling you kitten"

Adrien snickered a little, already liking her vibe and humour.

"Ok... but I think I look small because you're very tall" he replied.

"Being tall is my specialty, tallest in all my classes and in all the police force. Anyway, the others explained the situation and lucky for you I can get you somewhere to stay. My wife owns an apartment complex where we both live, and there's a free unit just across the hall from ours. It's been off the market since there's some repairs being done in there but as long as you don't mind some temporarily broken ceiling fans, we're more than happy to let you stay" she explained.

"Really? I mean anything is better than an abandoned building... or my dads house..."

"My wife had something very similar happen to her when she was your age. Ever since then any kids that aren't accepted by their parents she's helped out, we've done this many times before, and when they're able to leave to their partners house, another family members house or just have enough money to move out by themselves we help them with that too. I'm told you have a job as well? I don't expect a kid to play rent or anything, and we'll provide the basics for you. But feel free to use your own money to add to that"

Adrien felt like he'd died and met an angel. Lilith was seriously offering him a place to stay with zero rent? What kind of luck was that?! And they say black cats are bad luck...

"I-I have to pay something surely-" he stammered.

"You're 15. I don't expect you too. Think of it like we're unofficially adopting you. Until you're able to live on your own, we'll help you out. She knows more than anyone what it's like to be in your situation and she doesn't want to stand by and let someone go through that. That's why I married her, she has a heart of gold"

Adrien wanted to cry again. Two women loving women were willing to basically adopt a homeless, abused, recently outed bisexual boy without having even met him before now? They truly were saints. If there was a heaven they were going there for sure.