Chapter 58 | internal conflict

Now that Adrien was back at school, things were starting to seem somewhat normal again. Well... as normal as things could be when you're cat noir.

And when you've had one hell of a year...

"Alright class, with the year almost over I want you all to start thinking about which pathway you'll take. Taking a general pathway will prepare you to go straight into the workforce, and an advanced pathway will act as a bridge to university. Starting next year you'll be in senior school so you've gotta start thinking about these things ok? I have some information packets for you, Marinette will hand them out" Mrs Bustier explained.

As Marinette was handing out the papers, Mrs Bustier approached Adrien and pulled him aside.

"Ok, since you've been away for a long time and there been... other factors preventing you from your work this year, don't worry about your grade this year. The fact you took online classes while you were away is enough to let you move onto the next grade. But in your case I'd like to recommend taking a general course next year and then transferring to advanced in your graduating year. That way the transition back into school will be easier for you and you won't be under as much stress after what happened" she explained.

"I'll still be able to have enough points from each course to graduate right? If I transfer half way it won't mean I have to start from scratch?" Adrien asked.

"No, it'll just add to the points you already have. You'll still be able to graduate as long as you pass all the exams, but since that's at the end of next year and the year after you don't have to worry about that right now"

It did seem to be the best option for his situation, so he'd talk to Lilith and Delilah for a bit of help and probably take that path. He totally forgot he'd be in senior school next year... he'd be 16 next year. He felt like he'd lost so much of his youth to his father, but the most he could do is cherish what he has left. Hopefully starting in a general path and transferring later will help take the stress off.

"Ok... I'll talk to my foster parents about it. Thanks Mrs Bustier" Adrien said.

"It's good to have you back Adrien, and even though the end of the year is close don't stress too much over the last few projects, you've already for enough to move onto the next grade"

He'd admit he was a little worried about how school would go after the mess that was this year, but he was glad that he could at least have some semblance of normalcy.

With that the end of the day bell went, and the class packed up their stuff and took their information papers to show their parents at home. As Adrien was packing up, Marinette tapped his shoulder.

"Hey before you go can we just quickly talk about uh... jewellery stuff?" She asked.

He knew what she meant, it was about the miraculous.

"Yeah, one second"

Zipping up his bag and throwing it over his shoulder the two left the class and headed out the front of the school, ducking down the side so no one would hear.

"Have you talked to Felix recently?" Marinette asked.

"Yeah, he played dumb the whole time. Of course I didn't tell him that I knew he had them, or that were LB and Cat... but I did poke at the idea of the peacock being around since were both aware of your senti origins" Adrien explained.

"What did he say?"

"Not much... just that he found out after his dad died, and he supposedly has no idea what happened to the miraculous after we were born. Which I know is a lie, but if I pushed any further I'd reveal us"