Chapter 52 | freedom and lies

Finally, for the first time in his life, Adrien was free.

No longer in the custody of his father, as he was behind bars. Adoptive parents that loved and supported him. Luka, the worlds best boyfriend. He was safe, he was out to the world and the feedback had been mainly positive and he could finally live his own life.

The last problem was the missing miraculouses, and now that the Agreste household was empty aside from Felix and his mother who were stuck in Paris until all the legal proceedings over Gabriel were over, it was pretty much free reign. The team of heroes would have to wait until they went out for the day and sneak into the house to look for the miraculous Gabriel definitely hid. Adrien wasn't sure if he was ready to go back to that house, especially since he now knew what lay underneath it.

But it was necessary, they needed those miraculous back in the miracle box and Adrien wanted his father outed as Hawkmoth, and his mother laid properly to rest.

He'd had some time after the trail to himself to rest and take it easy after all the stress. He spent most of it either alone in his room with Plagg or over at Lukas place with him. He'd be needing more therapy appointments thats for sure...

Back up on the rooftops, donning the usual cat look he prowled the streets like the street cat he was. Well, the street cat he used to be, he had a home now after all, he wasn't a stray anymore. But he still knew the rooftops like the back of his hand and he strutted along them scanning the streets making sure no one was in trouble. Having to take a break to sit down and or lean on his baton every so often thanks to the dodgy legs.

But he was definitely getting back into the swing of being cat noir. Although without any hawkmoth attacks since Gabriel was locked up now... it was quiet. Not much fighting to be done anymore. Of course Paris still needed heroes to help out, crime never rests after all, and the butterfly and peacock are still missing.

He came to a stop atop the building opposite the Agreste mansion. Now he just had to wait until his cousin and aunt left for the day, then he could call in Ladybug and Viperion to help search the place. Luckily that didn't take long as it seemed they were off to a legal meeting about their potential involvement in Gabriel's abuse. While Adriens relationship with them wasn't the best, he hadn't been struck or anything by them so he let them be.

He called in his hero gang, and for the first time in 9 months... he jumped in through the window that lead to his old bedroom.

He looked around, everything was in is place. All of it still the same as the day he left, minus his old computer and phone that were taken by police. The pyjamas he was wearing were still on the floor next to the bloodied tissues, the unfinished homework still on the desk. There was a layer of dust in the room, no one having bothered to clean it since he left.

He was mixed with a strange feeling of anxiety and curiosity. Just being in the room were so much of the abuse took place was anxiety inducing, but there was a curiosity about if Gabriel had hid the miraculous in here.

"There you are, I figured you'd come in via your old room"

That was Luka, coming in from the window in his snake getup. Hearing him land on the ground behind him and walk over, Adrien felt a hand on his shoulder.

"You ok?" He asked.

"Yeah, being back here is just kind of... creepy" Adrien replied.

Luka understood that going back to the place you were abused would be a bit triggering, so he kept in mind to tread lightly around here with Adrien.

"You don't have to be here, Mari and I can look" Luka offered.

"No, I know this place best. I should help look since I know all the ins and outs. Plus if I wanna take anything from my room nows the time " Adrien replied.