Chapter 34 | theorise

Marinette sat there atop the Eiffel Tower, the cold wind blowing her hair back. She took in every that Adrien has just explained to her, and she completely understand why he had to disappear for a while, processing that was definitely difficult. The fact the Agreste family had more to do with the miraculous situation than anyone thought was definitely a strange occurrence.

They'd gone over everything. Adrien explained the whole story start to finish, they'd both gone over the problems they had in their partnership as Ladybug and Cat Noir and sorted them out. Apologies were made, tears were shed, hugs were shared. Marinette even confessed about the time bunnix showed up and took her to Cat Blanc and she had to fix everything.

Everything was out on the table, no more secrets. Everyone was caught up.

So Gabriel was Hawkmoth.
Nathalie was Mayura and was sick because of it but realised what she did was wrong.
Emilie died because of the broken peacock.
Adrien and Felix were a pair of senti monsters so complex they were indistinguishable from humans.
Felix stole his ring back from Gabriel.
Nathalie gave Adrien his ring, and Adrien gave it to Luka for safekeeping.
And of course, Gabriel had abused his son for years.

The Agreste family definitely had its fair share of secrets and lies around it huh?

Even with all this information now out on the table, there were still a bunch of unanswered questions.

"So you, nor Nathalie know what the original plan was before Emilie died? How they even got the miraculous in the first place?" Marinette asked.

"No clue, if I had to guess I'd say my mums goal with it was to make me for herself and Felix for her sister since neither of them could have kids. But Gabriel's goal before she died... I have no idea" Adrien replied.

Well it did make things a little complicated, but stopping him was still possible even without that information. There was still clearly something going on here though, he'd been working on various plans for a while now for sure.

"Felix stole his ring... so he KNOWS that he's a senti monster... so he must know about everything and yet he never told anyone? Surly he would have turned Gabriel in since there'd be money and fame in it right?" Marinette questioned.

"After his dad died, he grew really cold and distant. At first I thought it was just grief but after that stunt be pulled with you guys I'm not sure anymore... he definitely knows. But I can't tell if he's in on it or not" Adrien replied.

"You know who I think is definitely in on this?" Luka jumped in.

The Cat and Bug duo turned to look at their snake friend.

"Lila"

Now she was a total bitch, but could she really be in on it? So far all she's done is lie for her own gain, not for anyone else's...

"I mean she's an ass yeah, but is she really smart enough to be in on it?" Marinette asked.

"Think about it, she's been akumatized multiple times, hates ladybug, hates us... expect for Adrien. She mysteriously managed to get to do a photoshoot with him? With no prior modelling experience or industry connections? Gabriel just let her join? That's suspicious. And clearly her creepy obsession with Adrien is what motivates her to keep the secret and work with his dad thinking that if she can get his dad to like her, then she can get to Adrien" Luka explained.

Now that he's laid it all out, it did make sense. Lila was a manipulative person, just like Gabriel. They're both using each other to get to their goals, it's mutually beneficial.

"You don't think she could be like a successor do you? Like if something happens to Gabriel she gets the miraculous to finish the job?" Adrien asked.