Chapter One

The honey haired boy followed my every footstep

   The honey haired boy followed my every footstep. From the bedroom to the kitchen and then back to the bedroom. My ability to ignore him was immense and sometimes I found myself forgetting he was even there.

   He used to never do this but it had become a habit of his for the past three months. At the beginning, I tried to politely shoo him off but to no success. After awhile I shrugged it off and learned to fade him away into the background.

  The one thing I could never shrug off was the constant poking and prodding at my arm. It wasn't just the tiny bits of pain but the distraction it provided.

  "You are poking me," I stated, not turning my chair around. "Please stop."

"I'm bored," he whined, retracting the pens tip from my arm. I ignored his useless comment and continued flipping the pages and writing notes. Suddenly a stray line got made on my paper as the pen disappeared from my hand. "Victory!" he cheered.

I stared at the now, messy paper. My eye twitched in annoyance and I flipped around in my chair. "Emmett," I warned. "You are distracting me."

Emmett waved the grey plated pen around in circles. A slight amused smile plagued his face. "I'll make a deal."

I let out a few blinks. "What is the deal?"

"You take a break with me and walk in the main plaza and I give you this," he said, waving the pen in my face. I would usually use another writing utensil but that pen was special. The ink differed from the others and I was not willing on messing my notes up more.

"Okay," I agreed, standing up and swiping my hands over my pants. Emmett eagerly took my hand as he started to drag me outwards. "Wait." I retracted my hand. "I need to change."

   My clothes were dirtied and I knew better than to be dirty. I started removing my shirt.

   "W-What are you doing?" He stuttered, turning around.

   "Changing." I figured that was obvious.

   "I'll wait in the living room!" Emmett exclaimed as he hurriedly left, closing the door.

  My closet consisted of bland colors and patterns. Everything I had was approved by my mother. She wanted to make sure I was not dressing like a "whore". I exited the room, this time presentable

   No words left my mouth before Emmett once again took my hand. His hand felt oddly warm. My eyes never left our intertwined hands. A few minutes later I took my hand back and it fell to my side.