Chapter Twenty Nine

A four hour car ride was usually boring to most but not to me

   A four hour car ride was usually boring to most but not to me. I never went anywhere when I was younger. Seeing the different fields we passed and landscapes were amazing. I was taking so many shots with my camera. Some of cows that resided on the side of the freeway, some of the mountains ahead of us or just of the road signs.

   "Having fun there?"

   I turned back at Emmett who had his eyes fixed on the road. "Very much. There's a lot to see."

   "Sleeping beauty in the back would beg to differ." He motioned to the passed out body of Vienna. She had a blanket curled up on her body and a pillow squished behind her head.

   "We should start reaching the inner city in another hour."

   There ended up being a hefty amount of traffic so we arrived about a half an hour later. His family house was small and cozy looking. The outside was painted beige and brown and the door was black.

   Emmett and Vienna's figures blocked most of the entrance along with the suitcases that were next to me. They knocked and less than a second later the door swung open.

   "My lovelies," a woman's voice swooned. I couldn't see much as they both stood in front of me.

   "Hey mom," Vienna let out. "Dad," she acknowledged.

   "Where's the guest of honor?" The woman asked. Emmett unblocked me, allowing me to take in the surroundings and the person. Emmett's mother was around my height, with faded and short brown hair. Her eyes crinkled with happiness. "Kiara! Nice to see you again."

   "Nice to see you too Mrs. Parker." She pulled me in and wrapped her arms around me, squeezing me very tightly, shaking me side to side.

   "Cherie. Mrs. Parker is too old."

   "Are you done trying to break her apart Ma?" Emmett asked.

   "Shush boy," she snapped back before releasing me. "Hun, come say 'hello' to Kiara."

   Emmett's father scooted out from behind her. "Hey Kiara."

   "Sir," I acknowledged.

   "Just Will please. Just as my wife, formalities make me feel old. Do you think I look old?"

   "N-No, of course not!" My eyes widened in horror. He didn't. They both looked amazing for their age.

   "Stop messing with her," Cherie shot as her husband, shoving his side. "Come in Kiara." I didn't have much of a choice because she pulled me inside. "Emmett, you'll get the bags won't you."

   Emmett huffed in response.

   The house had warm colored lights. The walls were filled with photos rights off the bat along with decorative objects. I stopped and saw a photo of a boy—young Emmett—sitting in the snow, crying while a dog sat beside him.