Chapter Sixteen

Kiara was speaking to another man

Kiara was speaking to another man. He was older, definitely in his later twenties. They seemed to be in deep conversation and she actually seemed interested in it.

"Jealous much?" Vienna approached my side.

"No," I snapped. Yes.

"That's Dominic Loren. Don't freak out. He's a decent man."

"And you know him how?"

"He came into the law office to deal with some small copyright case." Vienna shrugged. "Now calm down."

As soon as the Dominic guy left her side, I approached. "Hey," I greeted once more.

"Hey. Did you go to bet on anything? I know you weren't planning on it."

"The PS5. I may have destroyed my roommates on accident." Okay, I fabricated the story a tiny bit. "You?"

"These pictures. They're pretty."

"They are," I agreed. Each photo was at different times of the day. Morning, afternoon, night. Different locations in Australia. "The results are going to be called soon. Let's head over."

Kiara followed and we took a seat next to one another. Vienna sat beside Kiara on her left.

The host went over some information for the donations then introduced some sponsors. Finally he started releasing the winning bets.

"Emmett Parker for the PS5," he announced. Dang, I actually won that? Kiara nudged my side and gave me a smile of success. I returned it.

"Next the photos of Australia Sydney," the host announced. "For this, we're having the photographer himself present the winner."

The room was silent before...Oh fuck me.

"My name is Dominic Loren."

Kiara straightened up in her seat, shocked at the man standing at the stage.

"The highest bid at 1 grand was Kiara Kade." Shock and awe ran through the room. I was also shocked. 1 grand for photos and not even a vacation?

"1 grand?" Vienna asked Kiara. "Kiara why did you—" she got interrupted by Dominic's words.

"This is a big contribution and honor. I'm flattered somebody found my art worth so much."

He finished his small appraisal before heading off the stage.

Once the announcements were done, we both walked to collect our so called prizes. I didn't know what to say so I kept quiet.

Kiara's three pictures were wrapped in plastic and then slid into a cardboard box. "Ms. Kade."

We both looked at the person entering. Of course.

"Dominic. You can call me Kiara."

My jealousy took over and I tugged Kiara to my side. Dominic gave me a sketch look before turning back to Kiara.