Chapter Twenty Five

I liked kissing Emmett

   I liked kissing Emmett. Probably more than I should. It was basically a new discovery for me. But when he kissed me last night, it was scary. Demanding. Possessive. Cold.

   In the morning Vienna told me Emmett was out sleeping in the hallway. My heart swelled at that. I didn't want him to do that. I asked her to hand him the scribbled note. When it came back the red ink was circled around 'yes'.

I threw on pants before treading out. I almost forgot I was wearing his shirt. I didn't bother changing out that though.

Emmett was sitting agains the wall with his legs sprawled outwards. I took my place in the little gap of his legs. He did look calmer. Less crazed.

"What's bothering you?" I asked since he couldn't give me an answer yesterday. "You were angry yesterday."

"No I wasn't angry. I was jealous of Dominic. You surrounding yourself with him."

   "But why can't I? Why does that bother you?"

   "Fuck," he muttered. "You can be with whoever you want, I swear. I just got you and I don't want anything to take that away. I shouldn't worry, I trust you. I don't trust him. I just want to protect you."

   "You don't need to do that. I can take care of myself."

   He placed a kiss on my palm. "I know. I can't help it."

   "You shouldn't worry about him taking me away. I think he likes Vienna."

   "Why do you say that?" He asked shocked.

   "I can't be for sure but he asks about her a lot and he gives off that aura."

   "That should make me feel better but it doesn't." Emmett held a grumpy but lighthearted face. "I'm sorry Kiara. So fucking sorry."

   "Promise me you won't kiss me like that again," I whispered.

   "I promise." He plastered another kiss to my hand. "If I ever break it, you can shatter my heart."

   "I don't want that."

   "I know darling. You're too good for me."

   "You're just as good." He was. The only good I've seen and experienced in along time. I gave him a peck of appreciation. "You shouldn't have slept here."

"I needed to see you. Wait for you."

"Come lay inside." I scooted backward, giving him space to stand up.