Chapter Thirty Three

Our packed bags were at the front door as we said our painful goodbyes

   Our packed bags were at the front door as we said our painful goodbyes. Cherie practically clung to my arm as I left which made Emmett pull me away. Will was different, he was calmer.

   "Please join us next year Kiara. This time you can stay until New Years!" Cherie exclaimed as I left.

   "Yes, that would be nice."

   "Oh and we can do some more baking and—"

   Emmett interrupted. "Ma, we said our goodbyes already."

   "Okay okay. Drive home safe."

   I gave one last smile and 'thanks' of appreciation before heading off.

   Just as last time, Vienna fell asleep fairly quick. This time she had a sleep mask and chunky headphones on. She said she needed to avoid any distractions in order to get her beauty rest.

   I fiddled with my new camera. It was amazing. The functions were tripled and the lenses were amazing.

   "Kiara," Emmett summoned.

   "Yeah?"

   "What my Mom said, about you coming next year, do you think you will?"

   "Maybe. I wouldn't oppose it. Your parents are very sweet."

   "But you'll stick around for another year?" His voice hopeful.

   "Oh, I wasn't trying to assume that we'd still be together in a year but if we are, I wouldn't mind coming."

   "I have a feeling you'll stick around for longer than that." A smile played on his face. I hope so.

  Once we got to campus, I sent Emmett home to do some unpacking. He must have done it quick because he came knocking less than an hour later.

   "Did you put all your things away?" I asked.

   "Yes."

   "Properly?"

   "You caught me, I threw things around where they fit."

   I shook my head with disappointment but not surprise and continued unpacking myself. Emmett followed my every movement, even to the laundry mat across the hall. I finally zipped my suitcase up and tossed it into the closet.

   "I want to take you out in a few days, for New Years," he said.

   "Where did you want to go?"

   "It's a surprise. Just know, it involves food and to dress nice."

   "Okay."

   I don't know why but I felt compelled to buy a new dress every time we went out. It didn't take me long to find one. It was a simple short red one with a small slit on the thigh area. I figured I shouldn't be going in ball gowns.