Chapter Four

My annoyance and thoughts beat through my head like a never ending drum

Kiara hadn't spoken to me since that time she fell asleep. When I went to her apartment, she was never there and when I tried seeing her at class, she was gone. On top of that, I had no contact information for her either.

Even so, I found myself on Vienna and Kiara's couch. I happened to find a bottle of tasteless beer in the back of their fridge. It was definitely Vienna's. She had the worst taste in alcoholic beverages.

"Get out," Vienna ordered, kicking my legs. "You come here too much." She plucked the half empty beer from my hand. "And you drink my shit!"

"Something up your ass little sis?"

She crossed her arms, sitting on the table in front of me. "I'm only a year younger idiot." I rolled my eyes. It still made her my little sister. "Seriously Emmett. You need to respect Kiara and I's boundaries."

   "What boundaries?"

   "The boundary of you not coming over to my apartment trying to lust after my friend twenty four seven," Vienna snapped.

   "It's not lusting," I corrected. "I find an interest in her, so I pursue her."

   "You're just bothering her." Vienna was full fledge glaring at me.

   "Has she said that?" I grumbled, annoyed.

   "And if she did?"

   "I'd continue. I can't leave her alone." Leaving Kiara wouldn't be an option anymore.

   "You're hopeless." She shook her head and sighed, yet a smirk appeared. "She's not Beth," Vienna reminded.

   My jaw locked and my back tensed. "No she's not."

   "Don't do this because she comforted you once. Don't try and use Kiara to ignore your hurting." Vienna got up, keeping a calm posture. "Because if it comes down to it, I'll side with her."

   "Is this betrayal, I hear?" I amused.

   "Hell yeah," she laughed. Vienna walked to her bedroom door and gave me one last comment. "She's at the park you dork."

   I loved my baby sis.

   The park was lively. So much so that it was difficult to find Kiara amongst the crowd. But then, in a small secluded area overlooking the lake, there she sat. A bag of bread was in her hand and she threw it to the fellow geese and ducks that surrounded her. Nothing could take away from her heavenly smile.