Chapter Twenty Three

Today was Emmett and I's aquarium date

Today was Emmett and I's aquarium date. Date. It's an odd word but I enjoyed our dates. They were special. Making memories with Emmett was meaningful.

"Love!" Vienna called, walking into my bedroom. "Are you going out with Emmett today?"

"Yes, to the aquarium."

"You look cute," she complimented. A skirt encapsulated my bottom and a plain tank on my upper body. "I've never seen you wear a skirt before."

"I bought it recently. I read that it's good to dress up for dates."

"You have a point but my brother finds you hot no matter what you're wearing." I knew what hot described but I did not view myself that way. But Emmett said I looked 'adorable'.

"Do you find it weird that I go out with your brother?"

"Nope," Vienna said, swinging her arm around me. "As long as you two don't make out or have sex in front of me, I'm all good."

"S-Sex?" I sputtered out. I hadn't thought about that, at least not much.

Vienna stepped away giving me a concerned look. "Don't pressure yourself love. It's like kissing with your body."

"I haven't kissed anyone." Vienna mouth went agape. Very agape.

   "You haven't kissed yet?" I shook my head 'no'. I thought she picked up on that. "I'm surprised he hasn't jump on you yet."

   "When does a person kiss?"

   "Um...whenever? It just happens. Nothings wrong if it hasn't though. Don't think too much about it." Vienna squeezed my shoulders before parting. "People usually kiss because they want to. It's a natural instinct."

   "Wait," I urgently called as she began to head back out. "How do you know?"

   Vienna smiled reassuringly. A glimmer in her eyes appeared. "You just will."

   Emmett and I had been walking around the aquarium for awhile. But it was hard to concentrate. My mind was on kissing. Should I kiss him? How do you kiss? Is kissing invasive? Would he find me repulsing? How long would I kiss him for?

   A tug at my hand brought my attention back to the large plexiglass filled with water in front of me.

   "You okay darling?"

   "Yes."

   "You seemed zoned out today."