Chapter Thirty Four

It didn't take a genius to figure out that was Kiara's mother

   It didn't take a genius to figure out that was Kiara's mother. Her fucking mother. I could see the similarity in their appearance but that was where it ended. You could tell just by looking at her that she was the embodiment of evil. And when she called Kiara a 'whore' I was ready to forget my boyfriend charm. After basically fucking off—for Kiara's sake—I hadn't heard from her. It's been seven days. There was not one sign she was still alive.

"I told you, I don't know!" Vienna exclaimed. I looked around her apartment, searching, but nothing. "All I know is she went out with a small suitcase and said she'd be back eventually."

"Fuck!" I roared.

"Emmett you need to call down. She's always been fine."

"I know she isn't. I saw her Mother. I left, I fucking left. I know it has something to do with her."

"Shit that was probably intense. Go search around if you want."

I did. I went through her room, every part of it. Searching and searching. I came up empty at the beginning but then an 'ah ha' moment appeared. The trash. There were a lot of papers, mostly worksheets, but then one small post it that had visible red ink handwriting on it.

840 Fern Ave

I quickly type the address in. It was a hotel. I practically ran out and sped over. Why would she stay there? If she needed a place she should've asked me. She should have known I would've said yes.

"Kiara Kade. I need her room number."

"Sir, you've said that three times. The answer is still the same."

I slammed my palms on the front desk. "I don't care if it's some policy. I'm trying to fucking find my girlfriend and I know she's here." I tried bribing the lady but that didn't work.

"Sorry sir."

I huffed, turning around. Luck was on my side for once, because there she was, walking in the lobby doors, without a care in the world and a cup in her hand.

"Kiara," I called as she turned the corner to the elevators. She stopped in her tracks, swiveling around to me. She looked horrified. She walked into the closing elevator doors but I reached my hand in, stopping it. "Kiara what the hell?"

I stepped in with her, letting the elevator go. "How did you find where I was staying?"

"Is that really important? Why are you here? Where have you been for the last week?"

"Emmett you're asking too many questions."

   "That's what happens when you disappear for a week on your boyfriend," I snapped. She stopped answering me which pissed me off more. When the doors opened I followed close behind her. She reached her door and tried shutting it on me but I just pushed my way through.