Chapter 9: Getting Closer

*Mark's p.o.v*

"Bye Bob. Bye Wade. I had a lot of fun filming with you guys." I say to them as they leave my apartment. "Mark... do you need me to stop by the pharmacy for you to pick up some-." I interrupt Wade saying- "CAN YOU NOT! BYE HAD SUCH A GOOD TIME!" I shout.

I close the door as soon as I finish my sentence. I'm not as drunk as I was earlier since we sobered up before they left.

Wade made my situation way worse. I'm already growing feelings for her... why must he put that in my mind?

It's 7:42 and I didn't make Jenna anything to eat all day. I look into the living room to check if she's there but she isn't. She was there earlier watching The Walking Dead. I walk to my bedroom door and open it to see her laying in short shorts and one of my t-shirts that's very loose on her, playing on her phone.

"Well it's about time. I'm so bored and you guys took forever! I could have built a damn boat." She says. "Hey, you keep that tone down with me young lady." I say pointing at her.

She sticks her tongue out at me and throws her phone on the bed. "Are you hungry?" I ask. "I found a thing of pasta in your fridge so I heated it up and ate it... because someone forgot all about me." She says.

I laugh a bit. "I did not forget about you!" I shout. "Did so." She says back. "Don't tempt me... I know your weakness." I say. I put my hands on my hips and try to act sassy which makes her laugh. She sits up and criss crosses her legs.

"Oh please. I'll hit you so hard." She says.

I put on my thinking face with one hand still on my hip. I suddenly sprint to her, and start to tickle her. She bursts out in laughter and starts to kick as hard as she can. I have one hand holding both her hands down and the other tickling her as hard as she can on her sides.

I'm scarred that she's going to kick me, so I try to put one of my legs on her legs to stop her kicking. Instead, I fail miserably since she kicked my leg and I fall on top of her. She groans in pain slightly, but goes straight back to laughing even though I stopped tickling her.

"Told you I would get you." She says while laughing. "Ah, I'm just glad you kicked my leg and not my happy go lucky place." I say. "YOUR HAPPY GO LUCKY PLACE!" She shouts and starts dying of laughter. I realize what I said and start to laugh with her.

"Mark." I hear her say. "Yes?" I say in a deep voice. "I cannot breathe because you are very heavy." She says as she puts her hands on my chest. "Whoa, you are built." She says. She immediately puts her hand over her mouth and says- "That... I-I um... that kind of slipped."

*Jenna's p.o.v*

I did not mean to say that. This is so awkward now... for me at least. I just said that Mark is built and he's lying on top of me. I can feel my cheeks burning a bright red.

"Really Jenna? Out of all times to say that... you choose now." Mark says. I can see his cheeks turn red too which made me chuckle a little. He rolls off of me and lays next to me in silence.

Five minutes past and him and I are still silent. I decide to break the silence and say- "What are you thinking about?" "Space." He says.

"What about it?" I ask. He's silent for a short moment.

"It's just so big... so infinite. Imagine all the infinite things out there that has been created. Imagine the type of aliens." He says and turns to me. I turn to him and say- "I know right. People who say they don't believe in aliens bother me. Like do you really think we are the only living species in a universe that's possibly still expanding?"