Chapter 20: Not Saying a Thing

*Jenna's p.o.v*

I walk inside the apartment and place my bag near the doorway not planning on doing homework. Mark shuts the door and heads to the coffee table which has an almost empty bottle of rum.

"Drunk Minecraft?" I ask.

"No, just a couple sips for the hell of it." He says kind of quiet.

I shrug my shoulders and plop myself on the couch to take off my shoes as Mark heads to the kitchen with the bottle.

"How was school?" He shouts from the kitchen.

"Slow... slow... and I touched a rabbit today." I say.

"A rabbit?" He says while coming out from the kitchen.

"I'm in an agriculture class so we get to play with animals. Big, small, furry, scaly, muddy."

"Sounds like a lot of fun." He says while slowly sitting on the couch.

"I missed you. I wanted to come here so bad and just eat, talk to you, just be here in general." I say while giving him a hug.

"Awe, Jenn, I missed you too. Sitting here alone, playing games and drinking isn't the same without you here." He says while holding me real close.

Too close.

"Did you see Ivan today?" He asks suddenly.

"Are you going to ask that every time I come back here? But, yes I did see him today. And it wasn't just a, hi and bye."

"What did he do?" He asks while pulling me away and holding my hands.

"He didn't hurt me. He did... kiss me though."

"WHERE?" He says spastically.

"Not on the mouth, on the cheek. And he called me babe." I say assuring him.

"He has no right to call you that or kiss you anywhere." He says while looking away from me.

"Why?" I ask with a small smirk.

"Because... I don't even do that and I like you more than he will ever claim he does."

My heart skips a beat when he says that and I feel my cheeks turn red. I put one hand on my cheek hoping to hide it or make it go away.

"Don't blush because I just might start myself." He says.

That makes me smile and blush a lot more.

Mark chuckles a little then says- "What do you want for dinner? I can make you... chicken soup my mom taught me how to make, or some T.G.I.F I have in my freezer."

"I would love to eat homemade soup from Mark. Let's see how you taste. I MEAN... I-I MEAN HOW it tastes." I say.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

"I think you got a taste already." He says while getting up and heads to the kitchen.

Why Mark... why?

I follow him to the kitchen and watch as he prepares to cook.

"Are you going to just stand around or are you going to help me?" He says while dropping a bag of chicken on the counter.

"Really? Me? Help you?" I say in surprise.

"Yea, you can cut and season the chicken. I'll show you how."

I walk toward him and open the bag of chicken, pouring the bag on the slicing plate. I pick up the knife and wait for Mark to guide me on how exactly he wants it.