Chapter 51: Back in the Game

One month later

*Mark's p.o.v*

"Thanks for keeping me company Bob. You sure you don't want me to drive you home?" I ask feeling drained from the long drive home.

"No... I could really use the walk after being cramped up for a couple hours." Bob says stretching his arm out the window.

"Okay... just get home safely."

"Of course my man."

Bob gives me a dap, and he leaves the car to head home back to Mandy. I look up at my apartment complex that I haven't been in... in a month.

Where has that month even gone? Toward hospital stay and videos I was forced to make on last minute because I spent a whole month injured in Cincinnati.

I glide my fingers along my scar through my shirt. It's going to be sticking out for some time, and now I have to worry about putting lots of cream on it... again.

I open the car door and start making my way upstairs. Before I open my apartment door, I text Jenna to let her know I'm back in state.

It felt like a full year without seeing Jenna. I hardly got chances to text her because so much family came down and I hardly had personal time.

I unlock my apartment and walk inside. It doesn't even feel like I'm walking into my own apartment, it's been too long on short notice. My phone vibrates in my pocket, so I immediately take it out to see it's Amy.

"Did you get bac to Ohio okay??" I read.

"Yeah. Feels a bit strange." I respond.

Disappointed it wasn't Jenna, I place my phone on the night stand next to the couch, then plop myself on the couch pinching the bridge of my nose.

Jenna did not mention once to me about Ivan. That shit is now bothering me. There is no fucking way Jenna went a whole month at home and in school without encountering Ivan... once.

I look over at my phone and still see no new text messages. I rub my face with both my hands and get up from the couch and head to the fridge. I open the fridge door and see... literally nothing. That is just fucking bullshit. There was beer in here when I left.

Cake slices? The fuck.

I sense filthy hands has been in this apartment while I was gone.

I jog over to my phone to call Wade immediately.

W: Hey there Markimoomoo. How's daddy?

M: Cut the shit, where's my beer?

W: In my stomach.

M: Why?

W: Can't let treasure like that just... grow DUST, you know? Plus... I didn't even think you were able to drink it after your surgery.

M: To be honest, I don't even think I can either.

W: I'm going to come over. We have a lot to catch up on... YouTube, me, Jenna, you know the usual.

M: Excuse me, WHAT? Jenna?

W: I'll be there within half an hour.

M: Wade it's fucking midnight.

W: SEE YAH IN A FEW!

The phone hangs up.

Now that conversation just bothered the fuck out of me. Wade says he needs to catch up with me about Jenna, and she's not hitting me up scares the fuck out of me. If Jenna had to contact someone like Wade, doesn't sound good.