Chapter 52: Story Time

*Jenna's p.o.v*

Wade: I told him

Jenna: WADE!

W: You think Mark would sleep at night with you not responding to him

J: No but... I wanted to tell him

W: Maybe it's better he heard it from his best friend

J: ...You're right... now I have to tell you something.

W: What?

J: Ivan is using me to hurt Mark. He wants me to continue going to Mark's house while "seeing him" so he could tell Mark, yeah, I'm seeing her while she's seeing you.

W: Tell Mark as soon as you get to his place.

J: I will.

W: I'll pick you up in 30 minutes.

J: Okay, I'm all packed and everything. See you later.

The phone hangs up.

I look at my blank phone and think about Ivan immediately. His words about hurting Mark... made me hurt myself. I couldn't help it. I lost control. I don't want Mark to see it. It's only going to hurt him even MORE! I'm so disappointed in myself. He's going to be so disappointed in me.

I can't wait to see Mark. I've had the longest month of my life. I'm hurt from Ivan and even myself. I'm starting to lose this fight again.

...

*Mark's p.o.v*

Knock, knock.

I get up from the couch without thinking and run for the door. I look through the peephole to see my best friend and my girlfriend waiting on the other side of this door.

I unlock and swing it open so fast, I didn't give either of them a chance to say a word, because I immediately open my arms up to Jenna, who drops her bags in the process, as I hold her small body against mine once again.

I feel like that's what I've been waiting for this whole time. There's this weight off my chest that's been lifted once she leaned her presence against it. I feel better internally.

"Oh, Jenna. I missed you." I say squeezing her harder.

"Mark, I missed you a lot more." She says with almost no emotion.

I pull her away and look her in the eyes to see so much sadness, so much pain.

"You need to tell me everything I missed. I know there's more than I probably want to believe. But I won't let this happen again. I'm here now. I'm here to listen to you right now and I'll be here to help from NOW ON, alright?" I say grabbing her arms tightly.

She pulls her arms away from me fast and says- "Sorry... just... bruises. But you're right... I'm so happy to hear that from you Mark, I really want to get past this. I need to, I'M GETTING SO DAMN TIRED OF THIS!"

"I know. Me too. There's no reason for you to go through that while I'm in the fucking hospital. Here, come on inside, get comfortable babe, my home is your home." I say picking up her bags from the floor and the last from her hand.

Jenna blushes, smiles slightly, and walks on inside taking her jacket off.

"Great to see you again man." I say giving Wade a bro hug. "I can't thank you enough."

"Don't even start with that thank you shit. It was literally no problem Mark. I'm always here to help you out. You just really need to sit down and listen." Wade says with a serious face.