Chapter 49: An Empty Home

(Author's note in the end explains 2 month break for the story for those who are interested)

*Mark's p.o.v*

So Jenna is literally gone. I brought her to Boston and I still end up being here without her... and Wade. But if I' m going to be here with everyone else, the least I could have done was give her Wade.

"Mom!" I look up in surprise. "Tom! I can't believe you guys made your way here."

"What do you mean Marki, of course we would. It took a lot to keep your aunts from coming to see you too. But they'll be here after your surgery." Mom says with a smile.

She looks at me from head to toe, then her smile instantly fades away. She approaches me and places her soft and small hand on the back of my head. I close my eyes and smile.

It's always your mother's touch.

"How have you been Mark, long time no see?" Tom says.

"I WAS doing pretty well." I lie thinking of Toby. "Now I just feel like a bag of shark shit."

"Mark Fischbach!" Mom says with a frown.

Tom slightly smiles at her.

"Mom, I say way worse things on the internet... the internet. I need to tell the fans what happened." I say feeling worried.

"Why? They're your fans not your girlfriend." Tom says confused.

You want to bet?

"Because I feel as if the fans deserve to know, and plus, I noticed Wade sent out a tweet on my twitter that I wasn't feeling so good and I'll be missing a video tomorrow... well today now." I say annoyed.

"This is personal business Mark, they don't have obligations to know."

I roll my eyes and look back at my mother.

"Mom, would you be so kind to film me for a few minutes so I could explain what's going on?" I ask very politely.

"No problem Marki."

*Jenna's p.o.v*

A six and a half hour ride from Boston back to Cincinnati wasn't as bad as it sounds... well when you have a person like Wade at least.

"Where do you live?" Wade says getting off the final exit of the many highways we traveled on.

"I live... I need to go to Mark's apartment first. Literally so much of my stuff is there." I say.

"You know what... I have a key to Mark's apartment, you know because he's my best friend. Why don't we just chill in Mark's apartment for a bit?"

Surprised, I ask- "What makes you want to do that?"

"He has beer and my fridge is running low. He won't be drinking it for a while obviously. Don't want it to grow dust now would we?"

I nod my head yes while giving Wade a strange look.

"Don't judge me. I'm a man that carries stress." Wade says trying to act serious.

"... But your Wade." I say smiling.

Immediately, Wade chuckles loudly, then starts laughing softly.

"You're right. I'm always drunk."

...

As soon as I step foot into the apartment, I throw the one bag I carried up here to the side and head for the fridge. Behind me, Wade struggles through the door with the remaining of my bags and his.