Chapter 23: Wrong Decision

(Brace yourselves for this chapter. It's late but an intense one! Lots of love!)

*Mark's p.o.v*

I wake up once again on the couch. I was still kind enough to let her sleep in my bed for the last time, but alone.

It hurt me a lot last night though, hearing the soft cries from my room and I was able to tell that she was trying to hide it, but couldn't hold it in fully sometimes. Hearing that only made going through with this decision ten times as hard.

But, I think it's best.

It's silent in my bedroom so either she's still asleep or she's only stopped crying but didn't sleep. I think it's best I go check on her.

I stand up slowly from the couch and put on my white t-shirt. Once I reach the door, I open it, and see Jenna sitting up on the bed, on her phone.

"Oh um, I'm sorry, I thought you were asleep." I say.

"I got none." She says with no emotion. "I guess I should start getting my things together so I can leave you alone."

I nod my head not wanting to agree with her, but I must.

I leave the room and close the door behind me. I lean up against the wall beside the door and bang my head on it lightly, still frustrated with all of this.

I don't want her to leave. I know damn well I don't. But I also need time to myself. I know I can trust her. I know I can. What was I thinking last night to just, basically kick her out? Fuck me.

Just deal with it. This is best. I need to get ready to leave.

...

"You got everything?" I say to her standing by the front door.

We both have multiple bags of her things, probably some of mine she snuck in there but personally, I don't care. At least she's leaving with a piece of me. I'm only stuck with the memories of her being here. Maybe the smell of her perfume left behind if I'm lucky.

Honestly, the memories her and I made may not be many, but I'm happy as hell with them. I'm not disappointed with only memories. It's what counts the most. Memories.

"Do you not want me to come back that bad?" She says in response to my question.

Unable to answer to that, I don't, so I don't accidently say something stupid.

I open the front door and we head to my car downstairs.

Once to the car, we stuff everything in the back seat. We both sit in the front of the car and buckle ourselves in.

Normally, when getting in the car, we head to someplace happy. Now, complete opposite.

*Jenna's p.o.v*

Mark starts the car still not saying a word. What could be going on in his head right now? Is he happy or sad that I'm leaving because honestly, I can't tell?

Last night he seemed perfectly okay with the idea of me just packing my things and heading back home but now, he's so quiet. Even earlier when he was talking to me, there was like a silence in his voice.

No radio during the car ride, just the noise of the engine and other cars passing and going. There wasn't even traffic on the highway, which I was hoping for.

I don't want to leave Mark. I finally realize my true feelings for him, and I'm leaving. All because I was scared to admit I knew he was Markiplier.

I just wanted to get to know him as Mark, not Markiplier. I wanted to forget the fame and focus on what Mark and I could have built. Whether it was a strong friendship, which was what I was expecting, a relationship, or a family bond. Instead, I blew it all.