Chapter 27: First Date

(PLEASE READ AUTHOR'S NOTE!!! IMPORTANT!!!)

*Mark's p.o.v*

I look at myself in the mirror and look myself up and down. I decide to just unbutton the first two buttons to my collared shirt. Show a little bit... with a tease.

Jenna enters the room with a cute, but casual outfit on. A blood red long sleeve shirt tucked into high rise black jeans with black combat boots on, topped with a choker and a couple matching bracelets.

Every aspect of her I can notice and all of it is so beautiful.

To make up everything that happened yesterday, I'm going to take her out to breakfast, then later on have a movie night. A movie she loves, "Mean Girls."

I guess you can call it a date.

"Ready Markimoo?" She says with a bright smile.

That tickled me... Markimoo.

"Yes Jennamoo... Just fixing a couple things. If you want you can get my coat and keys for me to get out of here a bit faster." I respond.

"Lazy boy." She says while shutting the door and still smiling.

"Hey! I'm not the one who is SO HUNGRY!" I shout through the door.

I chuckle to myself, happy that we're already on the way of being back to normal. Despite our little moment last night, as much as I enjoyed it.

Once I finish fixing myself up, I step out of my room and see Jenna holding my coat and keys, excited to leave already.

"Well... let's go to Ihop already!" I say.

...

"I will have the double chocolate chip pancakes... with a side of hash browns and a hot chocolate. OH, and whip cream on the pancakes." I say to our waiter Freddy F.

"I'll get the red velvet pancakes with only a little bit powdered sugar and hash browns on the side... a vanilla cream coffee with milk and one sugar. Thank you." Jenna says while handing Freddy the menu.

I hand my menu to him as well.

"I'll be right back with your orders." He says, then walks away.

I look at Jenna and see her already looking at me smiling, with that same bright smile. It makes me smile too.

"What?" Jenna says with a chuckle in her voice.

"Your smile makes me so happy. Seeing you so happy like this makes me even happier. I can never forgive myself for yesterday." I say.

"Well... if I can forgive you, then you can forgive yourself. I am the one who was hurt in the first place. I don't want you to beat yourself up over this."

I want her to understand my point of view.

"Jenna... I know you got hurt... badly. But... the thing is so did I. I can repeat myself every hour. I care so much for you. The fact that the moment I took you out of my hands you got hurt very badly destroyed me. I can't really forgive myself for that. It touches me a lot that you forgive me. But... you getting hurt means I'm getting hurt as well. And this hurt very bad." I say.

Jenna looks at me as she's holding on to her fist tightly. I know she doesn't have much to say.

"Thank you Mark." She says suddenly while looking down.

"For what?" I say confusingly.

"For giving me the care I never thought was real."

*Jenna's p.o.v*