Chapter 11: Denial

*Jenna's p.o.v*

I'm lying on Mark's bed reading some fan-fiction when Mark peaks in saying- "Dinner's ready, I made mac and cheese... with a little surprise."

What could possibly this little surprise?

I walk out the room with Mark who rushes me to the kitchen to show off his surprise. It actually starts to smell really good. When we make it to the counter, there's two bowls on the counter with mac and cheese. I look closely to see bacon bits mixed in with it.

"Did you stalk me in the past because I love mac and cheese with bacon bits?" I say.

"I also added extra cheese because Kraft does not give enough." He says. I stare at him with a pleased look on my face. I hug him really tight and peck his cheek. His stubble slightly tickled me which made me grow a slight smile.

"Where did that come from?" Mark asks with a smirk. "It came from my heart... thank you for all of this." I say.

He almost looked speechless at my statement as he put his hands on his hips. "Or maybe you really like bacon and cheese." He says. "That too." I say.

We carry our bowls to the living room and Mark turns on Netflix. "Movie?" Mark says. Think for a moment. One movie came to mind that I was in the mood for. "White Chicks. Amazing movie.

Mark starts to laugh slightly hard and then says- "I fucking love that movie." Mark Fichbach... likes... White Chicks? Oh we are so meant to be roommates.

...

The movie ends and Mark is half asleep on my shoulder. "It's like 12:30 in the morning Mark, we should get to bed." I say. Mark rubs his eyes then sits up and looks into the darkness in the room. "I am very tired." He says.

"Get your stuff from your room and sleep for as long as you want." I say. Mark takes off his glasses and places it on the coffee table while nodding his head. He gets up and heads to the room so I trail behind him.

"Someone's calling you." I hear Mark faintly say. Surprisingly, I look at my phone wondering who can be calling me at this time. When I pick up my phone and look it's my best friend Sophia. I answer it.

J: "Hello?"

S: "Where... in the fuck... have you been? I CALLED YOU LIKE A THOUSAND TIMES AND YOU PICK UP AT ONE IN THE MORNING?"

J: "Soph, I can explain"

S: "Yeah, you better. OH YEAH! Also, explain why your Mom called me in the afternoon saying, enjoy the sleepover and be on time for school on Monday. WHAT THE FUCK?"

J: "Hey, hey... calm down. Like you said, it's one in the morning. Okay... so... I met this guy and turns out I really like him. I've been sleeping over his house and-

S: "Wait, wait... sleeping over a guy's house. You like this guy... Does fucking Ivan know?"

J: "... ... ... He doesn't know anything."

S: "Jenna... he told me yesterday how you haven't said a word to him since Monday. He misses you."

J: "Yeah, the bruises he left on me."

S: "Jenna-"

J: "Sophia! ... I will explain everything on Monday. I really can't talk about this right now. I have to go.

Just hearing Ivan's name being said to me gives me a stomach turning feeling. I don't feel okay. I turn around and see Mark looking at me with concern. "Are you okay? What happened?" Mark says.

Seeing him just made that bad stomach feeling go away. He can tell that I wasn't okay, so he walks over to me sluggish, kneels down and puts his head on my shoulder. "I may be too tired to even think, but I know dam well I'm still by your side." He says.

Tired and all, Mark still knows what to say. "Thanks Mark." I say.

"Seriously though, what happened?" Mark asks.

"My mom called Sophia, the friend she thinks I've been with this whole time, and said to enjoy the sleepover and to be on time for school Monday. So, Sophia wants to know the truth and I lied saying I'm with this guy that I like. If she knew I was with a 25 year old she'd kill me."

*Mark's p.o.v*

That hurt.

She lied saying she's with a guy she likes.

Nice to know she doesn't like me. Fuck... I can't even tell her that that hurt.

"Good lie." I lie "If you do tell her the truth, she's going to want to meet me."

"I would not hesitate for a second to introduce her to someone so amazing." She says.

I felt my cheeks turn a bright red and my heart flutter of excitement. I lift my head up and look directly at her. Our faces so close.

"Jenna, going to make me cry." I say with a small chuckle.

She puts her hand on my stubble lightly and moves her thumb in a circular motion.

God, please don't do that... I want to attack her face.

She smiles at me slightly, almost like she wants me to. But... she doesn't like me. She's so young she can have any guy she wants at her age. She's only doing this because of what I've done for her so far. Out of kindness she's acting like this. Why would she want anything with a 25 year old? She probably thinks that's gross.

Mark, don't get stuck in your feelings, she's 16.

I move her hand off my face and pull her in for a hug.

"Sleep Jenna, you have sleep to catch up on for school on Monday." I say.

She puts her small arms around me and hugs me back.

*Jenna's p.o.v*

I let go of him and start walking to his bed.

"Good Night Marky." I say. That sounds like such a cute nickname.

He chuckles a bit and says- "Good night Jenny."

He leaves the room and shuts the door behind him. I sit on the edge of the bed to think to myself for minute.

Who am I kidding? He doesn't like me. He knew I wanted to kiss him at that moment he just didn't want to. He's Markiplier, he can have any girl he wants. He's only acting so close to me because of what I'm going through. Out of kindness he's acting like this. Why would he want anything with a 16 year old? He probably thinks that's gross.

PLEASE TAKE THIS WONDERFUL MOMENT TO VOTE AND COMMENT!! THANK YOU BEAUTIFUL!!

We are currently at 1.5k reads and I couldn't be any happier knowing that we are actually getting farther than I even expected which I apprciate OH SO MUCH! Thank you all so much for reading this...

I've been writing some short chapters lately, I know... but it's because no big action has been here too much, but SO SOON It's going to start (MAYBE NEXT CHAPTER WHO KNOWS!) But It would be great if you guys tell me what you think so far, good and bad!! Thank you for reading AND....

Till next time....