Chapter 25: Welcome Back

(Finals and regents are really delaying me. Sad face. LOVE YOUS!!)

*Mark's p.o.v*

Jenna and I step off the elevator with her leaning on me and her arm around me. I unlock the door to my apartment and rush in there. I close and lock it then plop all her bags on the floor.

I lead Jenna to the bathroom and sit her down on the toilet, thinking of what I have to do first.

Should I run her a bath? No... that's weird. Well if she has her clothes on, it won't be so weird. She's not saying anything to help me out here. Whatever, I'll start to run it and see what she says.

I put the plug in the bath drain and turn on the water to warm. I look back at her for a reaction and so far, nothing. I kneel down to her level and look at her. She slowly turns her head to me and smiles.

"What?" I say.

"A bath? How cliché." She says faintly.

I smile slightly thinking of what she means.

No... don't think of that. Bad Mark.

I look back at the bathtub and see that it's about full so I walk to it still squatted down and turn off the water. I turn to Jenna and think.

Should I help her out of her clothes or is that weird? God, why am I so weird. Why must she be sixteen? I guess I should just calmly, but directly approach this. No one with bruises and cuts should help themselves.

I walk over to her still squatted down. I look up at her, tug on her shirt slightly, and say- "May I? You can keep you undergarments on but... yeah... not this." I say awkwardly.

She looks at me and nods her head slightly that I can do it.

Don't be weird, don't be weird, dammit, this is serious.

I stand up and begin to take off her shirt, trying so hard to keep it sexual free. Just helping out someone I care about so much. She begins to unbutton her pants and slide them off enough so I can continue the job.

Once I finish, I help her up and into the bathtub. When she completely sits down, she lets out a relaxing sigh and puts her head back against the wall. I sit myself down beside the tub on the floor, not able to leave her side. I need to make sure she's okay and stays okay.

Now that she has no clothes on, I can see all the marks on her body. There are about five or six bruises. Two cuts and... scars?

Self-harm scars? No...

"Jenna..." I say drifting off while looking at them.

She looks at me then at where I'm looking. Her face fills with defeat, then she closes her eyes and puts her head down.

"You weren't supposed to see that." She whispers.

"Why?" I say.

"Not now... I feel a bit relaxed at the moment."

I shake my head understanding where she's coming from. I look away from the scars and back up to her.

It's amazing I actually can't even find myself to focus on what most men do focus on when they have a girl undressed in front of them. I can't. Even though I do like her, I'm more concentrated on other things.

Jenna bends her knees and brings them to her chest. She puts her arms on her knees, buries her face in them, and begins to cry so hard.

"What did I ever do to even deserve this? Ivan wants Sophia but he keeps me around, leading me on, just to beat me for it. Let go of me and go for what you want if that's the case. It makes no sense." She says.