Chapter 14: It's Haunting

(Another early chapter for you guys since ya'll deserve it and are so supporting! But, next chapter won't be early. Sorry guys, BUT ENJOY!)

*Jenna's p.o.v*

"Ivan. I didn't mean to ignore you... I swear." I say quietly.

"What was that, I didn't hear you?" He says approaching me real close.

I flinch back in fear. "Why so jumpy." He says with a smirk.

"I said, I didn't mean to ignore you. My mom took my phone away for the whole week." I say.

Ivan lifts my chin up so I'm forced to look into his eyes. Those dreadful eyes.

"Why did she take your phone away? Are you disrespecting your own mother? I wouldn't be surprised... you're fucking pathetic." He says.

I feel my heart jump as he curses to me. Am I really pathetic? I didn't even do anything to her.

"I didn't do anything to her. She just didn't want me distracted from my family. I was with them all week." I say hoping he believes me.

He grunts and says- "Well that's your own fucking fault, spending half your life on Instagram and watching your 50 year old YouTubers."

"Don't insult YouTube like that." I say while my voice cracks. "It's what keeps me happy and what keeps me going-"

I got cut off by a sudden rush of pain to my face and I fall to the floor. It didn't take me long to realize Ivan back handed me.

"Don't talk back to me like that. But... don't I make you happy Jen?" He crouches down to me and rubs my hair lightly.

"... Yes, you do." I say. The thought of me even saying that makes me want to gag. I can feel tears streaming down my face, I tried hard to hold them back but the just fall out. Not from pain, but from fear and pure hatred.

"I know I do babe. I love you." He says.

I'M SCREAMING ON THE INSIDE... NO YOU DON'T IVAN! YOU MAKE ME SICK, YOU MAKE ME FEEL WORTHLESS. YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO CALL ME BABE, TO TOUCH ME, ANYTHING!

"Don't cry. Look at me." He lightly places his hand on my cheek and strokes me. "I do love you... more than anyone else. More than, you think I love you. More than you think Mark does."

"Mark?!" I say with a lot of shock to my voice.

"Mhm, Mark. You think you like him. You don't. You love me. Mark... doesn't like you, or care for you. I do."

I gasp really hard and wake up in a huge startle. I'm breathing really hard and my face is wet while my eyes are burning. I look around the room in massive panic to confirm it was only a dream.

It was just a dream. Just a dream... a nightmare.

"MARK! MARK!" I scream out. I can't be here alone. I don't feel safe.

I start touching my face where Ivan hit me to be sure it wasn't sore, to be sure it was just a dream.

Suddenly, Mark opens the door frantically, rubbing his eyes from just waking up.

"What is it Jenna?" He says in a deep voice.

It was too dark for him to tell that I was crying and I was shaking. "Can you p-please come h-here?" I barley say.

"Jenna, oh my God, what is it? What happened?" He says while approaching me and sitting on the bed next to me.

"Nightmare." I whisper. "Ivan." I whisper some more. Immediately, he grabs me and holds me against him. To get more comfortable, he slips under the blanket next me and completely lays down, placing his head on the pillow.

I rest my head on his chest and cry frantically, using his shirt to dry off the tears from my face. One of his arms is wrapped around behind my neck, while the other is lightly stroking my hair from across my chest.

"Jesus, you're shaking. It's okay Jenna, I'm here now. Ivan is not here. He's not going to hurt you, not while in my arms. Everything's going to be alright Hun." He says.

His words sooths my mind a bit. I'm not shaking as hard and I'm not crying as hard either. I'm still sobbing slightly and holding on to Mark very tightly.

I don't want him to leave my side. I can't.

"Mark, please, can you sleep with me?" I say hesitantly.

Mark is silent for a moment, probably thinking to himself if that's a good idea or not.

"Of course I will. I'll sleep here for the night so I know you're okay." He says.

*Mark's p.o.v*

I literally cannot stand seeing Jenna like this, especially about Ivan.

I have been in her shoes before.

After about 10 minutes, she's finished crying and is now just trying to keep herself calm.

"Just because you're calm does not mean I'm leaving. I'm staying here for the night." I reassure her.

She looks up at me, even though it's too dark to tell, I can just imagine the face she is giving me.

"Thank you Mark." She says.

Suddenly she lets go of me and turns around to lay on her left side. I want to hold her, so I lay on my left side to comfortable spoon her.

Not in a sexual way. Keep it friendly. Mark, goddammit keep it friendly. No awkward boners just, concentrate on keeping her safe.

I wrap my arm around her and she responds by holding my hand. I put my other awkward arm under her neck so I won't be uncomfortable. I pull her in as close as I can to me. I rest my head on the pillow we're forced to share, so my face is pretty tangled with her hair.

I can feel her interlock her feet with mine. They are so cold, so I embrace them to keep her warm.

"Good night Mark." I hear her whisper.

"Good night Jenna." I whisper back. I kiss the back of her head. I couldn't help it I had to. I can feel the goosebumps rise on her against my arm right after I did that.

How cute.

20 minutes goes by and her breathing is slow and steady.

"Jenna?" I check to see if she's awake.

I get no response so obviously she's asleep. I'm still not leaving just in case. I'm still not letting go of her... I can't, even if I wanted to.

Luckily, I recorded Five Nights at Freddy's 3 before this happened. I can't wait to put it up. That game is so different, but still scary. Not as scary as the others, but well done.

Jenna. Sleeping by her side for the whole night. Sucks we have to wake up in about 3 hours. I would sleep next to her until afternoon. She makes me feel relaxed. Too relaxed.

I can feel myself dozing off fairly easily. I just let it happen and fall asleep with Jenna in my arms.

A/N

HUMANS! Please take this moment to vote and comment on this chapter, ESPECIALLY IF YOU ENJOYED IT!! Thank you lovely!

You guys are all just so DAMN AMAZING! It just a matter of two days we gained 200+ reads and a couple new followers and MORE feedback. I can't thank you enough, so I did what I could and released this chapter early. Thank you.

This chapter was so cute to write and it's bringing Jenna and Mark farther which is exciting for me and you guys of course! I hope you guys enjoy reading this as much as I enjoy writing it. From some people who has talked to me, a lot of you guys do love it so far. THAT MAKES ME HAPPY!

Anyways, sorry but the next chapter is going to have to be in 4 to 5 days because I start school again soon. But don't worry, it will be worth it, it's going to be a long one! AGAIN THANK YOU FOR READING AND ENJOYING THIS! Don't be shy and talk to me about what you like/dislike and anything!

Till next time...