Chapter 18: I Must Admit

(Warning!!!! Walking Dead spoilers ahead! Don't want to get yelled at. Enjoy!!)

*Jenna's p.o.v*

I take off my clothes slowly feeling a bit tired getting ready to step in the shower. I turn on the water to steaming hot and let it run down me.

I just want to clean away the thoughts of Ivan, clean off the faded bruises he has left me, but humans don't work like that sadly.

I look down at my belly where Ivan hit me and see a new, but light bruise sitting there, like it just invited itself to hang around my body. I poke at it to see if it hurts and thank God it doesn't.

I look down at my thighs and see... them, what hasn't fully healed. Starting to heal but still noticeable.

The cuts. The cuts that I did. High enough on my thigh where Mark never noticed. I'm glad he hasn't. I know it would hurt him to see me hurting myself.

I should get out of here soon. Mark is making pasta and I'm starving since I did not eat lunch in school.

I quickly do what I have to do and step out of the shower. I dry myself and put on short shorts and Mark's lucky flannel. I guess I do want to tease him slightly, but not expecting anything.

*Mark's p.o.v*

Laying on the couch while eating dinner, I hear Jenna come out of the bathroom. I look over and she's in my red flannel that's so big on her and short shorts that again, don't show.

"Isn't that mine?" I say with a smirk.

"Yes. It is. I like flannels, so I'm borrowing it." She says with confidence.

I can't even lie, she looks so hot wearing that, or even wearing my clothes in general.

It just makes me want to take it back from her.

MARK?! NO! Bad thoughts, she's only 16. God, I'm a pervert. I mentally slap myself to learn my lesson.

Jenna sits down next to me, so I sit up to give her enough room. She then puts her legs on my lap and taking the bowl of pasta from the coffee table, then leaning on me.

I turn on the TV and put on The Walking Dead, continuing where we left off. It was silent between us. I don't mind the silence between us, but at the same time, I want to hear her voice.

I guess just enjoying this moment, watching her favorite show and eating is good enough for me.

Once I finish my food I place it on the table and at the same time Jenna does. She completely leans on me now, without the struggle of holding the bowl. I place my arm around her and pull her in close to me feeling really comfortable.

"What do you think of Sophia?" She asks me suddenly.

I think for a moment then say- "Well, she has jokes. She seems very protective of you, which I like. She seems pretty cool. I like her." I say.

*Jenna's p.o.v*

I'm so glad to know that Mark likes Sophia.

"That's great! Maybe we can hang out again sometime." I say.

"That sounds good. Hopefully it won't be as awkward, now that I met her it shouldn't be." He says.

We stop talking again and concentrate on the TV for a short moment.

"Did you see Ivan today?" He asks me.

I look down at my legs and think about him, even though nothing happened today. "I did see him, but it was just a, hi and bye third period and that's pretty much it." I say.