Chapter 48: The Ride Home

*Mark's p.o.v*

I slam my head on the hospital pillow that feels flatter than my ass.

Just kidding

I really don't understand why this had to happen NOW! I wish it didn't. I'm not even home! I'm in a hospital in BOSTON! This sucks hard.

Suddenly the phone on the wall rings. Amy walks over and answers.

"Yeah, he's in this room... Sure, I'll let them all know."

Amy hangs up the phone and says to us- "Mark, you're family has arrived and is being sent up. I'm going to have to ask for at least three of you to leave or... at least step out of the room while they see Mark."

Wade immediately turns his head to me unsure of how to handle this.

Groaning in slight pain, I sit up and think quickly on how to handle this. I look around the room and see all of my friends... and Jenna. My girlfriend... that can't stay.

"Wade." I say looking down at my lap. I really don't want to do this. "I'm going to need you... to take Jenna back home. I really have no idea how long I'll be here... how long I'll be recovering. But obviously, she can't be here. She doesn't live THAT far from me."

Instantly, Jenna looks down at me with a face of sorrow.

I know she doesn't want to leave and God as my witness I don't want her to either. I could be here for weeks for all I know.

"I'll do that. You'll have Bob, Sean, and even Aaron now that he's coming up." Wade says rubbing his arm. He looks at Jenna and says- "But, that also means me and you need to leave right now before they even see us here."

Wade starts saying bye to everyone in the room, and that's when it really hits me.

I won't see Jenna for a while.

*Jenna's p.o.v*

I'm not going to see Mark for a while. That's strange. For the past month and half I've constantly been seeing Mark. I've been staying over his house, practically running away from my real life. That's not fucking good.

I need to see Sophia. I need to see Juan. I need to see Bryan...

I need to see... Ivan?

He hasn't talked to me in the longest time and that's very strange. It's not like he broke up with me or anything. I've only been doing what's best for me and avoiding him but... he's not even trying to reach out to me.

If I go home... I might walk into the biggest mistake.

"Let's get going Jenna." Wade breaks me out of my thoughts.

I slightly shake my head and look at Mark face to face.

"I'm really sorry. But as soon as I could see you, I will. I'll keep you updated Hun." Mark says in his tired voice.

So hot.

He softly kisses my lips and holds himself there for a bit, in front of all of his friends.

HOW ABSOLUTLY CRAZY IS THAT, I'M ABOUT TO DROP DEAD.

"As soon as I can leave this state, I'll make my way to you babe." Mark says rubbing my arm.

"I'll be waiting... patiently." I respond quietly.

I stand up from Mark's bed and look around the room and see the people that makes me so happy. Sad I have to walk away from everyone.

I give an embracing, but quick hug to everyone in the room and wave good-bye to everyone as I walk out the room. My eyes lock on Mark, who's already looking at me, and I get an automatic frown... and so does he.

I walk out of the room and lose my sight of Mark, which will be for a long time too.

"Here, let's go to the side opposite the lobby so we don't run into Mark's family since they all know exactly who I am." Wade says.

"Good idea" I say in a disappointed tone.

"Wade looks down at me and says- "Hey... you'll see him again for sure. It could be longer then we all think or even shorter. Just look forward to the day you do see him."

Wade smiles slightly after talking.

But I still can't see him...

...

I'm leaning my chin on my hand while staring silently out the window for the LONG ride home from Boston back to Cincinnati.

It's extremely weird to have Wade, out of all people, to be driving me home from Boston to Ohio because Mark isn't feeling good... and needs surgery.

I can't believe Mark needs surgery... where did that even come from. One day he's enjoying the floor of PAX and then the next he's angry at one of his past closest friends and then the NEXT he's laying in a hospital bed wondering what the hell happened.

What the hell has been happening?

How do I go from Ivan to Mark fucking Fischbach? That's like going from the Yankees straight to the Mets.

"Can I ask you something?" Wade says disrupting my thoughts.

I shake my head very slightly and look over at Wade. He looks just as out of it as I am. I guess I'm not the only one who realized how shitty this situation really is.

"What... How exactly did you and Mark become a thing? He never really explained it to me... or anybody. You literally popped up out of NO WHERE! No offense of course."

"Why does it matter to you?" I ask curiously.

"Because... honestly, from what I've seen from you guys when I'm with you both... Mark is different in the best way. He would always bury himself into his work with his charity livestreams and hour long videos way more often than usual. He's tired. Ever since you guys became a thing, he has something more to concentrate on, which is giving him a break. He's my best friend, despite all the new friends he's made through YouTube, I'm still his best. I care about him. I know you do too."

I'm almost speechless at what he said to me. All the silliness Mark and Wade express to the fans and behind it all is true friendship and care about each other. You can clearly see it too whenever they're together.

"I do care about him. I almost thought for a second I didn't after what happened with Toby but... I do care about him. I do really like him, for him, not for Markiplier. I could honestly tell you I could forget he's Markiplier and like him just as much, if not more. I feel great knowing what I've done for him without even knowing it... well not knowing it before you told me." I respond.

"So tell me...what happened?" Wade asks with the slightest of smiles.

"It all started in front of my supermarket, Stop N Shop..." I go on.

A/N

Please don't forget to vote and comment on this heart aching chapter! Jenna and Mark aren't seeing each other for a while for the first time. And Jenna's going home? Ohhh shit.

Sorry that it's a bit short, it's almost like a filler chapter but things will start getting heavy once chapter 50 is here!

Remember guys, after chapter 50, the next chapter won't be released for two months! I would say around the time the new year starts. New things will be stirring up AND the old never dies.....

Till next time......