Chapter 50: Everyone's a Winner

*Mark's p.o.v*

"It's always nice to meet a fan. Oh, but please, don't mind the hospital gown, or my IV, or my oily unconditioned hair, or even the fact I'm less than an hour away from surgery." I say.

"I really don't mean to sound weird, but I just couldn't help it. You're a great guy with all your charity work and what you've done for your community." Amy says blushing.

"How long have you been a fan?" I ask trying to distract myself.

"Around the time you started to release your Vanish videos. Those videos always had me dying and I started to watch all your videos afterward."

"Oh dear God. Worst time to ever make me think about those video... I was such a baby too, how embarrassing." I say giggling.

"But those were the classic ass videos! Nothing beats the classic material."

"Can't argue with you on that one. I miss the times when Slender Man was everywhere. Those games got to me real good."

"I used to have so many different Slender games on my computer when it was a huge thing. I enjoyed the scares, I thought it was hilarious in the end thinking about how scared I was."

"EXACTLY! I think the same exact thing. Getting yourself scared over video games is just funny to me and silly. God, I wish I was that age again. Beardless face." I say chuckling while turning slightly pink.

We both grow silent for a moment in our own thoughts. I start thinking about my pain again that's no longer fully suppressed by these machines, so I grunt slightly.

"Do you need anything?" Amy asks in concern.

"I just want this surgery done and over with." I say throwing my head back on the pillow.

"I feel bad this had to happen to you... again."

"It's... the human body just being a douche. Nothing any of us can do about it... unless in the future science comes up with these crazy inventions that cures anything, EVEN cancer." I say wandering completely off topic.

"You think that'll happen?" Amy says actually puzzled.

"Fuck yeah I think it will. Do you honestly think Abe Lincoln would have predicted the fucking IPhone? His mind would blow up into a million pieces if he ever saw one."

Amy bursts into laughter at my ridiculous thoughts.

We both grow silent again, almost like something is supposed to be said but it's not.

"Can I ask you something?" Amy asks after a few moments.

There it is.

"Sure thing." I say a bit nervous... for some reason.

"Are you seeing someone?" She asks bluntly.

Instantly, my stomach starts turning which makes my overall pain a hundred thousand times worse. I use everything in my power to not show any reaction to her question.

"What? Where did you get that from? Please don't tell me the fan base. I always ignore their rumors." I say trying to act natural.

"It's from the fan base... but it's a picture of you at PAX two days ago."

Shit on my fucking ass.

Of course, she whips out the miracle device that would literally implode the mind of Abe Lincoln and starts searching for that fucking photo of me and Jenna.