Chapter 10

KAIA

I couldn't get to sleep after I kicked Nic out and I don't know how long I've been laying on this stupid hospital bed just staring at the roof.

But what I do know is that it is driving me crazy.

I don't even need to be in this stupid room. I'd have been perfectly fine on my own.

I've never needed a nurse to heal any wounds I've gotten from missions before, and some have been much worse than a lousy stabbing in the stomach.

The door to my room opens quietly, bright light shining through the small gap.

I look towards the door to see the nurse standing there with a clipboard in her hands. Once she sees that I'm awake, she walks in, coming to stand on the left oy bed.

She places her clipboard on the small table next to me and pulls the blankets that were wrapped tightly around my neck down so that they rest just below my hips.

For a hospital room, it sure was cold. I was freezing. The blankets weren't even that warm either and neither was this stupid blue dress.

I'm in a house full of fucking Fae, surely they can magically heat the place up. Or at least my blankets.

The nurse lowers my dress to my waist, exposing my breasts to the cold air. She reaches up to my left shoulder to unwrap the bandage that was covering the wound, but her hands freeze as she notices the aching cut on my cheek.

"What on earth happened!" She shrieks and her eyes widen. She pushes me back down to the bed and walks to a bench against the wall directly opposite me. She starts fiddling around with things and a few moments later comes back with some cloth and a clear liquid that I've never seen before.

"How did this happen?" She asks again as she sits down in the chair Nic was in earlier, bringing it right up against the bed. She pours the liquid into a small bowl and dips a part of the cloth in it.

"A dagger." I tell her then fight to keep in any sound of the pain I was feeling when she rubbed the liquid in the cut.

Whether she noticed the pain I was in I didn't know. But then she asks for me to elaborate on how the cut came to be.

"Archyn." I say with a huff, my voice strained as she dabs more of the cloth against the cut.

The nurse lets out a strangled noise, a mix of anger and annoyance but maybe even some helplessness. "That boy is a handful he is." She mutters under her breath.

I watch her as she places the whole cloth in the bowl of liquid and my eyes wide. Surely she will not put it all on me for I may just sift out of here.

She doesn't though, she just stands up and walks back to the bench, placing the bowl on it.

"That will definitely scar." She tells me as she makes her way back to the chair and sits down.

I had a feeling it would. It hurt more than it should have so I knew there was some sort of poison in it.

She gestures for me to sit up again and I do, my breast once again exposed. She doesn't take any notice of that though and just reaches up and undies the bandage wrapped around my shoulder.

It takes a few moments for it to come undone and when she pulls the last of it away, she lets out a small gasp.

"What is it?" I ask her, uninterested. It doesn't hurt or anything so it can't be that bad.

"It's... gone." She says in disbelief, "It's all healed!"

"Well your job was to heal it, was it not?" I say to her as I roll my eyes.