Chapter 55

Archyn's POV

Fuck me my head is killing me. So is my neck. And my mouth. Everywhere.

I barely hear Kaia's beautiful voice saying my name, and I can't even tell if she's yelling it or whispering it.

"Archyn," She says and the desperation in her voice makes me come back to reality slight faster, "Archyn wake up."

I ignore the pain in my body as I force myself into a sitting position.

"Holy fuck Archyn," She curses under her breath as she pulls my head into her neck, holding me close, and I fight the urge to cry out in pain. "You scared me."

A week ago, I would have pulled away from her, but now, she smells heavenly. I've never smelt anything like it before. Her old scent is still there, though it's mixed in with others.

The smell of the pine trees, the same ones surrounding the majority of our cabin in the woods, mixed with the smell of lavender. I never want to stop smelling her.

Holy fucking shit.

No, that's not possible.

Isn't it?

I lift my face from her neck and look at her.

"Holy fuck Kaia." I whisper as I take her in. She looks more beautiful than before, if that's even possible.

Her tan skin is flawless, all except for her scars and the light dust of freckles over her face. Though what draws my attention are her eyes. Neither eyes are blue anymore. One is black with little specks of red in them, the same type of red as before. When they change colour and sparkle in the sunlight. Though her other eye... It's also black, though it's got a gold ring around the pupil.

When I last saw her eyes, they were blue. Speckles of red when she glamoured them. Though never black or gold.

And her ears. They're pointed.

She's... Fae.

That certainly makes it possible for her to be my Mate.

I mean, all the signs are there.

Her scent. The sparks. The need to fuck her all day, everyday.

And then my eyes travel down to the side of her neck where two holes sit.

My mark.

I marked her. My Mate. And I don't even remember it. Everything from after Kaia cuddling me at those vampire's place is a foggy memory.

"I'm sorry Archyn." She whispers and I look at her in confusion, "I didn't mean to. I just- I didn't want you to die and then it just happened." She rambles on as she pulls me onto my feet.

She drags me closer to the mirror and then I see what she's talking about.

My eyes.

They're the same as hers. One black with red spots, and the other black with a gold ring.

She... she turned me.

"Kaia," I whisper, my emotions all over the place, "What did you do?"

"I'm so sorry Archyn. I didn't even know I could do it. But I saw your lifeless body and when I heard your heart stop beating mixed with your overpowering scent I just snapped and next thing I know I wake up and you're on the ground next to me. Though you were breathing again."

It's hard to process what she's saying.

"You turned me, Kaia. I'm a fucking vampire now." I growl out but sigh when I see the look in her eyes. She really didn't mean it.