Chapter 67

KAIA'S POV

It was silent for a few moments as everyone pondered this new information.

"But if you're the real heir to the throne, why did we think that Oliver and Kaia were the true heirs to the Dark Crown?" Melody asks and I nod, turning to my parents.

My father smiles sheepishly and my mother rolls her eyes, "That's my fault. I believed your father was the King, I know now though that I was wrong."

"That's good because like, Kaia would be fucking her brother." I hear someone say from behind us. I turn around and see Silas leaning against the doorframe, Cardin standing behind him. I watch his eyes scan the room, most likely noticing the shocked faces then he puts his hands up in surrender, "We were all thinking it."

I roll my eyes and turn back around but Archyn stays staring at Silas. I wonder how he would react if he found out that we had fucked. Lots.

"I'm surprised the Dark King hasn't attacked you for fucking Kaia first." Zilani tells Silas, a knowing smirk on her face.

Archyn stiffens up and I glare at Zilani before snapping my head back around to see Silas stand up tall, puffing his chest out.

I take Archyn's hand in mine and squeeze it, though it does little to ease the tension in his muscles.

"Relax man, it was when she first turned, we were both kind of crazy, it meant nothing to either of us. Your first feed makes you go crazy." Silas says awkwardly.

"Except now you basically belong to her." Zilani says and I groan. Is she trying to start a fight? Who am I kidding, of course she is.

"Zilani, enough." Our mother says and Zilani rolls her eyes, sinking back against the wall. How does Priya put up with her as a Mate?

I look to Archyn and see he's already staring at me. When our eyes meet, he gives me a look that shouts we'll talk about this later before turning back and facing my parents.

"Are there any more questions?" Archyn says sourly, clearly over it even though it's been less than ten minutes. And I don't blame him. If people started talking about someone Archyn fucked, I'd probably start gettng volent in a few moments. Archyn sure does have a lot more restraint than me.

"Yes," Zilani says and I groan in frustration, what's she going to say this time? "Is it true that you have wings?" She asks and I stiffen.

How does she know that? "I don't know what you're talking about." Archyn says so expressionlessly that I almost believe him. Zilani just nods, though it's clear she's not convinced.

"Well, word on the street is that you inherited your mothers wings." She says, and I don't like the way she said wings, like it was some sort of curse.

I don't know how it happens, but moments later I find myself drawing my bow and shooting an arrow straight for her heart. There are gasps through the room as the arrow swings ninety degrees and lands straight into the wall to my left. The scent of magic fills the room and I see Zilani glaring at me, Priya's eyes opening and letting out a breath.

Archyn stands up but I barely register it. All I can think of is how much I hate Zilani. I want to fire another arrow, then another, until her lifeless body is covered with them and she crumbles to the floor.

"Kaia." I hear Archyn mutter, though it sounds so far away.

I gasp in a breath as I feel warm lips touch mine and I open my eyes to see Archyn in front of me. We're out of the office and in a random hallway. Archyn's arms are wrapped around my waist and he's a few centimetres from my face, our bodies pressed together.