Chapter 68

KAIA'S POV

"You're so beautiful." Archyn says as I collapse against his chest, "So, so beautiful." He rubs my back gently.

I feel a blush starting to form on my cheeks. Not many men have called me beautiful. Sure I've been called other names, like sexy, hot, pretty. Then there's also slut and whore, but I prefer to just brush those off. They're usually from the men I turn down.

I place a kiss on his cheek and smile into his chest. "You're so beautiful." I repeat to him.

It's silent for a while but I know we need to talk. "So what happened with Lanina?" I ask.

"She got the witch to reverse whatever spell was cast on her so she looked like herself, then she and Coralia went to save their sister."

"Did they find her?" I ask and he nods.

"She was unharmed as well." He says before I can ask.

"And how is Attikus?"

"He's fine. Whatever you did helped."

"And what about-'' I start but he interrupts me.

"Kaia, I know you're stalling." He says bluntly.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I know what he's talking about.

"You have to go make things right with Nic. He's your brother, even if not by blood. And do you want my opinion?" He says and I shake my head, but of course he goes on anyways, "I think he has a point. Sure, he shouldn't have left even after promising, but you did tell him that you guys aren't actually related. That's pretty big news."

I sigh. I don't know how I would have handled it. I wouldn't have left, but I probably would have punched him in the face for not telling me sooner.

"I think you're holding it off because you feel guilty." He says, "Guilty because you got mad at his reaction, even if he'd promised you. Guilty because you didn't tell him sooner, which was the reason he reacted like that."

I don't say anything and Arhcyn continues the soothing circles of his hand on my bare back, the other hand resting on my butt.

"I know." I whisper after a while, standing up. Goosebumps rise as the heat of his body leaves me and I fiddle around to put my bra and jumper back on. "Let me say bye to the guys here and then we can go home."

His eyes light up at my words, but I'm not sure why.

"What?" I ask and he smirks. He stands up and walks towards me, wrapping his hands around me and picking me up. I wrap my legs around him out of habit and he plants light kisses across my face. "What is it?" I ask again, smiling.

"You called it home, Kaia." He whispers.

I say goodbye to my family - not Zilani of course, I'm sure she'd throw a celebratory party - and then Archyn sifts us to his bedroom in the Dark Palace.

"You know," He says as he takes my hand and we start walking through the halls. "I think the funniest theory I heard was the one saying you were the true heir. It would have meant you'd be my long lost sister or something. That I'd have been fucking my sister."

I laugh at his words. I did believe I was the true heir for a certain amount of time, and once I found out that it was Archyn, I panicked a little bit. But remembering the similarities in his face and skin tone from the first time we met - when I killed (tried to) his father - and I knew it wasn't true. I would have hated to have been the true heir.

"I was glad that you weren't. That you were just the daughter of another Dark Fae." He says as we turn another corner.

"I'm glad that I didn't have to kill you. Did you know that Archyn? When I first came back after you threw me out, I'd come to kill you." He laughs and I turn to him with a raised eyebrow.